Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
('97) Pathfinder Turnsignal/Flasher Location

Sorry for the lack of pictures, but the flasher in my '97 pathfinder is behind the panel under the steering column and is located just to the left of the column. The flasher unit has a male plastic clip that holds it into a square hole in a metal bar. It has a three-prong plug and the squeeze-release lever to the plug is on the back side.

It is nearly impossible to reach without taking the panel off, however, it's not hard to take the panel off. One must first remove the lower left kick panel, which involves one screw, and one hidden clip that you release by pulling the panel straight to the right (from driver's perspective).

After the lower left kick panel is removed, you can remove the panel below the column.... Remove the two screws, one on the right and one on the left. There are three hidden clips. You must pull straight back towards the driver.

After that, disconnect the wiring harnesses and air-temp-inlet tube.

Most parts places will sell you a replacement that has the three prongs, but no clip. This is ok.

To make future replacement easier, and since the new flasher didn't have the male clippy, I put velcro on the flasher, and on the frame member directly to the right of the fuse-block. The flasher now sits on the frame member and can be accessed from the fuse-access-hatch *without* having to take the panels off anymore.

Hope this helps someone out there!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great write-up. FYI, I found I was able to remove the kick plate trim without having to remove the door-sill. Once I popped the kickplate's clip out, I could bend the whole thing to go under the hood release towards the center console. I was then able to rotate the kickplate so the tongue of it slid out from under the sill. You have to remember to reverse this when putting the kickplate back in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.