Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put the ZEX nitrous system on my car about a couple of days ago and did put the colder spark plugs and retard my timing about 2degress. And i ran my car around the street yesterday and after 4 runs, my 3rd gear been acting weird with the nitrous, my rpm would jump after 4000rpm straight to 7000rpm and nothing would be happening. And if i shift it to fourth, it will stay up there at 7000rpm. I think i burned out my clutch but i dont know, its a CenterForce stage 2 clutch and i only put about 10,000 to 15,000 on it.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yep, sounds like your clutch is toast. BTW, I haven't heard anything good about Centerforce clutches for FWD nissans.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Joshb13sentra said:
does it still launch hard in 1rst and 2nd?
ya its still strong in second and first, just after 4000rpm in third it has no grip or something.

·
Registered
154 Posts
You may have overheated your clutch, but it might still might be good. How do you have it adjusted? Does the clutch grab right away or do you have to let the pedal out?
You could be overcentering (Centerforce is known for this. I don't think their sentra clutches have weights though), but then again I don't know.
I'd say check your adjustment, and go easy on it for a while.

If you do end up redoing your clutch go ACT.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The higher the gears, the less mechanical advantage your engine has over the rotation of the tires.

So, even though you have good grip in 1st and 2nd, the real test is in the higher gears.

SentraSERj said:

ya its still strong in second and first, just after 4000rpm in third it has no grip or something.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kinda funny ur sn is Joshb13sentra, because my name is Josh too and i own a b13sentra. anyways, i think my clutch is burnt or something. might get it replace with Exedy.

·
Sentra E+Boost=WET PANTS
636 Posts
ur clutch i gone

yeah when you have good hp...your engine is gonna try its hardest to get it to the ground...its gonnna force that clutch and fly wheel to do thier job. gets too hot and the cars releases that hp causeing the clutch to slip....let it cool for a while and start from a dead stop....dont start too fast @ the bottom of the gear but push that bitch hard 2nd-4th and if it doesnt put the power to the ground, get an ACT clutch...stage 2. i dunno if thats gonna b enough you sould talk to some of the ppl there. i shouldnt be giving advice on stuff cause my car is stock with a filter and a auto zone clutch...hey! i got a life-time warrenty

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well u were right, my clutch over heated that one night. I took my car to Sears point last Wed. and the clutch never slipped on me. so its all good. i even shot the nitrous in first gear. My best time there was 16.1 at 86pmh, but my reaction sucked ass on that day, i dont know why i was doing to bad, i usually get like .6 or.5, but las Wed i was getting like .8 or 1. sec, man i think i couldnt done under 16 sec if my reaction timing was better. well thanks for the help, but i still got this one problem, my car doesnt shirt for shit when i shift into second, the clutch kinda grabs slow. what u guys think.

·
Sentra E+Boost=WET PANTS
636 Posts
answer

once again its a clutch problem, its hot from from first gear. when its old/worn/blown out, it tends to get hotttt from any hard pushing of the car....when you start in first gear the bad clutch is already hot....the whole time in first it was slowly slippin and heating up, now come second gear....more power needed to put that trans to get it going....the engine provides it but your clutch is pushing just as hard as that engine and is now getting hotter. it will not grab n e more cause the surface of the flywheel is bad. i suggest you change that clutch to an ACT clutch that meets the preformance standing of your car cause your gonna slowly breakdown the surface of your flywheel which is gonna cost alot of money in the long run...like about $350 for a stock one, performance flywheel lightweight for my 1.6 is $445-$475. when you change your clutch take ur flywheel to a machine shop of anykind or like pep-boys and get it resurfaced. that way you dont fuck up your brand new clutch with those grooves that are in ur flywheel now....

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well i dont think i can get my flywheel resurface, because i already got it resurface a year ago when i got my clutch change, so no manner what i need a new flywheel and clutch later on, but my clutch isnt slipping no more, i just ran my car again last night and beat a GSR. YAHooo! Well thanks for the info.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts