Nissan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Dan the car meet man
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please give me some points about Nissan to convince my friend that owns a Z28 Camaro to purchase a Nissan. What kind of power can 240sx's give? Would it be possible for him to spend less than $8000 for a fast 240sx that looks good, including the cost of the car? We are both located in around Arlington, Texas. I've seen a lot of SR20DET installs but I'm not sure how to make a 240sx look good. When I say look good, I mean better than a classic camaro/firebird and better than a Z28 camaro. My friend is also caucasion and he doens't want his car to look like rice or sound like rice. Basically no honda badges on a Nissan, no BIG spoilers, no LOW LOW car, just something faster than his Z28. He also loves 6 spd transmissions.

Thanks,

Dan

·
Registered
32 Posts
dho said:
What kind of power can 240sx's give? Would it be possible for him to spend less than $8000 for a fast 240sx that looks good, including the cost of the car?
Power-wise, I'm guessing a turbo'ed 240 (whether KA or SR20) would need 250-300 whp to be on par with a stock 4th-gen Camaro. Figure (stock) LT1's run high 13s/low 14s and LS1s are low-mid 13s.

Handling wise, I *think* a turbo 240 might be a little quicker than a Camaro through the twistayz, y0! Maybe not stock-for-stock but with an upgraded suspension (coilovers, good shocks). 240s have around a 50-50 weight distribution, and they're lighter than a Camaro.

Keep in mind though that a Camaro has all this going for it right out of the box. They are FAST in a straight line and they DO handle well. My g/f's '96 Z28 has over 220K, and the engine has never been cracked open for any maintenance, so don't anybody start with the "dumbestics are unreliable" crap. :D

The one huge thing a modded 240 has over a Camaro is the sleeper factor. Not too many people are going to expect a 240 to be a rocket. The only ones who wouldn't be surprised are probably all on this board. ;)

One of my "dream" cars is an SR20DET-powered 240 to run in the Street Modified class in Solo II. :)

·
Dan the car meet man
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it's an LS1. I'm not sure, he had some LT4 heads on it till he wrecked it. I'm wanting him to go Nissan instead of a domestic. Do you think a 240sx with a nice bodykit will look better than a 1969 camaro or not? Do you think it'll be faster than one of those? How much would it take to purchase a S15 and then a SR20DET?

Maybe I should just give up and let him do his own thing. Since it's his car.

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
I say let him go with the Camaro, there is nothing like pure power, and the torque!!

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
It's hard to make this car look much better

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Nissan owners dont make fun of other cars, youre lying!

·
Dan the car meet man
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
The only cars I make fun of are the Honda's. I truely hate Honda's from a peformance and handling aspect. Too many riced out civics. The one exception is the S2000. You see one or you hear a weedwacker/bumble bee on every major street.

·
Garage Sultan
1,173 Posts
Psch91 said:
Nissan owners dont make fun of other cars, youre lying!
ow come on, youve never laughed at someones 86 Camaro that looked like it just rolled off the junkyard? How bout those ghetto red Chevettes, with a black hood and one white door?

Maybe its just me then....

-Nick

·
Registered
672 Posts
sentrastud said:

ow come on, youve never laughed at someones 86 Camaro that looked like it just rolled off the junkyard? How bout those ghetto red Chevettes, with a black hood and one white door?

-Nick
yeah, i do laugh at multi coloured rainbow crap, i have to admit!:D

D

·
0 Posts
sentrastud said:

-Nick
yes to the shitVet, all els is good in my book..... but i love newer cars and old just does not appeal to me unless its got BALLLZZZ

·
Registered
249 Posts
remind your friend about reliability
there's a reason a price drops so drastically over the years, as opposed to Nissan vehicles.

S

·
0 Posts
It is with my deepest regret that I agree with some of you guys. Yes, there are an astounding number of camaros that are rotting away in the backyards of men all over America, but you cannot deny the fact that power and torque kick the ass of your little four banger imports. It is very sad that these cars are getting thrown away like that. I don't even want to mention how many old ricers I see falling apart with their mismatched paint jobs. Don't even get me started on the Eclipse I saw a couple of days ago with a Sebring emblem on it. How many of you riceburners have those TYPE-R emblems plastered everywhere on your cars? Oh, How decorative! Camaro is one of the best automobiles produced, period. When I am driving through my town I await the disgusting "angry bee" sound of a ricer. They are everywhere. Like a disease infecting our roadways. I know that you are getting more and more pissed off as you read this-good. Don't run your mouth about something you have no idea on. You have probably never even driven a camaro, or domestic car. So, in closing, my RICE-EATER and I are going to ride off into the sunset, looking for another one of you to humiliate and defeat. Any time you want to race my camaro, you come get some.

Nothing beats the power of American Muscle.

[email protected]
"Rice sucks"

·
Registered
80 Posts
a fully restored 1969 z28 camaro sells for 20 to 30 grand i love my maxima and nissan in general but can you say a sentra will have that kind of resale value in thirty years hell the blue book value on my 72 chevy truck is 19 grand and if it were not for cars like that you would not have the performance you today and you sure would not have the tire tech you have today the 240sx is a good car and i would love to have 1 but give up a 69 camaro wrecked or not i would still keep the camaro

and about reliablity the only reson i rebuilt the engine was to put the vortec heads on and when i first got the truck it could smoke the tires in all three gears (3 speed manual tranny) and it had 3 flat cam lobes and the timing chain was worn out

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.