Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Good people

I have my hardbody Nissan z24 carburettor flooding problems
I have tried to change the kits,its not helping, I also changed the needle seater,still the carb is not working

·
Admin and Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,949 Posts
Have you checked the fuel level. It may need adjusting. When rebuilding a carb with a kit, the carb needs to be fully disassembled and all the parts soaked in a carb cleaning solution for several hours. then the carb body needs to be blown out with a high pressure air nozzle to remove any deposits; if you don't do this, certain deposits may be blocking some passages in the body causing your problem. I've been rebuilding various types of carbs for the last 30 years and have been very successful in correcting flooding conditions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you checked the fuel level. It may need adjusting. When rebuilding a carb with a kit, the carb needs to be fully disassembled and all the parts soaked in a carb cleaning solution for several hours. then the carb body needs to be blown out with a high pressure air nozzle to remove any deposits; if you don't do this, certain deposits may be blocking some passages in the body causing your problem. I've been rebuilding various types of carbs for the last 30 years and have been very successful in correcting flooding conditions.
Thank you,some are saying if im using an electric fuel pump with a carburetor,i need to have a fuel pressure regulator which i cant even find on the van,what surprises me is that this van been running for quite sometime as is

·
Admin and Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,949 Posts
Thank you,some are saying if im using an electric fuel pump with a carburetor,i need to have a fuel pressure regulator which i cant even find on the van,what surprises me is that this van been running for quite sometime as is
What year and model is your vehicle. Back in the day, many OEM setups with a carburetor did not have a pressure regulator. The pressure was generally around 4 - 5 psi. Many people that installed aftermarket high volume electric fuel pumps also installed pressure regulators because many of those pumps ran around 8 - 15 psi to accommodate many other makes such as Toyota, Ford, Chevy.

You can install your own aftermarket regulator between the carb and filter which may be the answer to your flooding problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What year and model is your vehicle. Back in the day, many OEM setups with a carburetor did not have a pressure regulator. The pressure was generally around 4 - 5 psi. Many people that installed aftermarket high volume electric fuel pumps also installed pressure regulators because many of those pumps ran around 8 - 15 psi to accommodate many other makes such as Toyota, Ford, Chevy.

You can install your own aftermarket regulator between the carb and filter which may be the answer to your flooding problem.
Thank you,hope that will help!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts