Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I painted most of the interior trim on my 1998 200sx se the same color as the exterior. It was really easy and i am pleased with the results. The only thing missing is obviously the shift boot. I am getting a short shifter and red shift boot soon. Just wondereding what you guys thought about it, or maybe some other parts to paint. Anyone who wants to know how to do similar thing to their car or more info on the paint, let me know.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Doesn't look too shabby. Have you thought of painting the plastic around the speedometer and tach? I think it would add a nice complement to the car and the white gauges

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
I really like the door trim, the ignition teardrop shaped thing is ok and the radio/hvac control bezel was a nice touch, the new neon sxt's come like that. I wouldn't have done the cruise switch housing or the fuse panel cover, but that's just me. I agree that doing the flat area surrounding your white faced gauges might look nice, but it might be annoying to look at also.

·
Team Serious
2,132 Posts
looks good

i did mine the same color as you but i also painted the pcs around the door handle and the glove box and a couple of more pcs...

did you use a clear coat after....i forgot to clearcoat it then had to take everything back out and clearcoat....
you can see pics here
http://members.aol.com/strap290/dash3.html

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SentraStyleEMW said:
Have you thought of painting the plastic around the speedometer and tach? I think it would add a nice complement to the car and the white gauges
I thought of that, you dont think it would be to eye catching while driving? Ill think about it. Btw, i couldnt help but laugh when i saw similar sets on the internet for like $200 :D

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
I like the interior. I suggest painting around the gauges, around the air vents, maybe even the rear view mirror but thats going out on a limb, and possibly center console. I was thinking of painting my interior but I want to make sure im going to keep this car for a while cause thats not a good sell off point for the older crowd.

·
Red line chaser
814 Posts
Not bad at all. I'll be painting a couple interior panels red soon also. What paint did you use? Did you use a clearcoat also?

·
SIMPLICITY is the KEY
315 Posts
Looks nice. Now every 200sx/sentra owner I know has done some thing like this or will be doing some thing like this...

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
I did it too, and I colored the speaker grills too. I also took out that piece of cloth trim in the door where the door opener is and replaced it with green cloth (I made my interior green/turquise). I used vinyl color after I cleaned the pieces and put primer on. I didnt use any clear coat and its really shiny.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the praise, i did not use a clearcoat, but many coats of the paint itself. The paint was made for car interiors/vinyl. Its like spray paint. Got it at an auto parts store.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
1997 GA16DE said:
Looks good, I might do the glove box as well when I do mine silver.
Silver?? but are'nt you green on white????

Oh and has anybody bought the NOPI dash kits. They have them in all colors already done-all U have to do is replace the old parts ..Only thing is its like $200 .....BUT I feel more confident in getting already done rather than going ahead and painting it myself....

·
Team Serious
2,132 Posts
well it took me about 4 hours to do and only cost me like $10.00
and am very pleased with the end result....
It was very easy to do....just use like 3 or 4 coats of paint and also 2 cleae coats and it will look great and smooth....
I also used some 320 wet/dry sand paper so the paint would stick better...if you don't use the sand paper please note that the paint will not stick longer than 3 months.....and will chip very easily!!!!!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts