Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So whats everyone planning to do to their engine?
What do u currently have and where do u plan on going with it?

Khem

G

·
Well first I am goin to upgrade my Torque Converter in Feb. after that I want to work on handeling: FSTB, RSTB, Antisway Bar, coilovers, tires, etc. All set up for the Summer of 2003 when mt QG will be sporting Trav's QG18DET HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. That is my future plans.

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
I know what Edwin's doing ;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
chimmike said:
I know what Edwin's doing ;)

That's not the question. What are you gonna do Mike?

Khem

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
currently I am sporting full bolt ons. within a few weeks I'll have the brake lines offered by Greg V. at Mossy. I'm looking into some dampers, and I am currently unsure of how much more I want to spend on the car until I pay off some debt.

G

·
so....................what is Edwin doing sense the question has now been brought up? I mean Khemicol you started the thread but didnt mention what YOUR future plans are.....................so.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i currently have on my actual engine a JWT POP style intake, UR underdrive pulley, HS header. Nothing else.

Reason i ask is because everyone but us seem to be doing things. I know we're not made out of money but we gotta have goals and ambitions. I know i do. I am currently trying to get some stuff together but its not easy. Specially this being my first time that i get into the performance world. I cant really say what im gonna do to mine because i dont like jumping to conclusions and what not. But i wont leave you guys out when something happens.

I just wanna know where everyone wants to go with theirs.

Khem

G

·
So without jumping to conclusions what DO you have planned? :)

Just wondering what would the All-Star setup be for a QG staying in a middle income bracket (ex. "X" is the best coilover, but "Y" is just as good yet cheaper) suspension wise, just throw stuff out and stick an appox. price if possible....

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All star setup. Well thats a thread of its own lol. How bout you start it and ill put in what i think would be an All Star setup for the middle income bracket. That be a good topic. Its one of those things that one person think one way and another will think that their way is better.

Sorry i will not talk about certain things. I however will talk about my tranny. Its an Auto. When i bought my car i never cared about fast cars. The bug finally bit me but i have no regrets about my tranny. Best auto tranny ive ever driven by far. I have an extra TQ converter that i will be sending away to get worked on. Im also looking for an extra Valve Body. Im also gonna do the tranny Fluid cooler but ive been to lazy to buy one. They are dirt cheap. I want my tranny to hold up some power.

I see that this is a 3 man thread lol.

Khem

G

·
Well the Tranny is def. gonna need to hold up above 200whp, I hope. I haven't heard or read much about the auto's holding up some decent hp. Enlighten me, if possible, PLEASE!
I have the Turbo fund building as we speak,ok'd by the wife (that was the hardest part) and by this summer................. well you know. I figured, and read that Trav mentioned the upgraded clutch so I knew a TC was a must. The VB mod is for quicker shifts from what i gather, and i am gonna hold out on it till i have the money to do it most likely after the boost. but if the tranny cant hang I may start seriously looking at a tranny swap, I really want to keep the Magic (automagic that is).

I think this has been a three man forum for the past month.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well no body has taken the auto tranny up that much yet. All i can tell you is that the 1.8 and 2.0 have the exact same auto tranny except the 2.0 has a larger final gear. In case you do end up getting a new tranny you might wanna look at one for the 2.0.

Khem

·
Registered
85 Posts
I too am "sporting all the bolt ons" or will be within the next few weeks. I do want Travis turbo if/when I can afford it. I'm also waiting on JWT for cams and whatnot.

Sorry I haven't been here for awhile, it's been a little dead. Speaking of dead, what the hell happened to the QG18DE Users group?

·