Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
FIVE SPEED&FOAM INJECTION
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone today told me that if you drill two more holes in our trannies, that itll fit up to an sr20de- not only do I not believe this b/c the trannies arent the same, but would that thing even really fit?
you would have to weld up damn new brackets and all kind of stuff- ? What the f

·
Registered
672 Posts
weird...what kinda trannies? manul or auto>

·
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
manual, now seriouslyt though- this is coming from a guy who is a was a nissan tech and now owns his own shop working on only nissans? I trust him, but not on this- its just simply stupid sounding, plus even if it did work it work screw the integrity of the tranny case anyways, the tranny for the 2.0 is bigger

·
MFCoEJ Juror
242 Posts
I dont belive it, but if you could replace the tranny internals with SR20 tranny internals it may work. But whats the point, SR20 axle are much stronger and I dont see GA16's axle lasting long.

Anything's POSSIBLE tho.

B

·
0 Posts
What's the point? A tranny for an SR20 is going to be able to take a lot more abuse, especially out of the larger engine (even more abuse if it's turbo'd)... I wouldn't trust the tiny tranny to the larger engine.

·
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, they do make a limited slip, but it still is kinda retarded. This was coming from a guy who I trust completely with my nissan knowledge. His shop only works on nissans- I couldnt believe he even came up with that stuff. He supposedly heard that someone on the forums had done it . I really doubt it though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts