Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Oh, Herro!
3,414 Posts
Yo Sentra GTR-1

It's easy easy to get a new bulb back there. The B13 HVAC takes a single 194 bulb, but if you're feeling adventurous (and want to blind people with your HVAC), an M6 will probably fit... that would be crazy, though!

Here ya go, step by step:

1. Schlepp youself a piece of duct tape, about the side of one of the panels with the HVAC lettering.
2. Stick one end of the duct tape to one of the little panels and pull the panel off with the other end. Stick your finger inside and pop out the other side. You should now be able to see the bulb.
3. The bulb is pretty hard to get out, and going around from the back is impossible. My trick is to use a pair of needle-nose pliers to CAREFULLY remove the bulb. Try not to break it, you'll be pissed if you do.
4. Pop the new bulb in and replace the HVAC panels. They're just held in by friction, no adhesive.
5. Turn on your parking lights and see what you think.

Terribly easy, and it looks pretty cool when you're finished.

· Oh, Herro!
3,414 Posts
Re: Thanks Samo!

Sentra GTR-1 said:
Thanks Samo! you the man!
I know :) .

Sentra GTR-1 said:
So you mean to tell me to put a piece of duct tape on the actual HVAC face?
Yep.

Sentra GTR-1 said:
where it has the numbering and lettering?
Exactly.

Sentra GTR-1 said:
And just pull and it will come off?
It should.

Sentra GTR-1 said:
I hope duct tape is strong enough to pull it out cause it seems that those little faces are on there good.
It should be strong enough.

Sentra GTR-1 said:
Well Ill give it a try Samo.....thanks for your help dude!
Any time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.