Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo Samo!!!!......where ever you are - how the hell did you put your Polarg Hyper white bulbs in your HVAC controls? I know how to take apart the dash but I cant even see the bulbs that I need to remove in order to get the Polarg Hyper Whites in there. Can you give me a little more detailed instuctions on how to do this? Any help would be awesome cause I really want to do this.....Thanks!

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
Yo Sentra GTR-1

It's easy easy to get a new bulb back there. The B13 HVAC takes a single 194 bulb, but if you're feeling adventurous (and want to blind people with your HVAC), an M6 will probably fit... that would be crazy, though!

Here ya go, step by step:

1. Schlepp youself a piece of duct tape, about the side of one of the panels with the HVAC lettering.
2. Stick one end of the duct tape to one of the little panels and pull the panel off with the other end. Stick your finger inside and pop out the other side. You should now be able to see the bulb.
3. The bulb is pretty hard to get out, and going around from the back is impossible. My trick is to use a pair of needle-nose pliers to CAREFULLY remove the bulb. Try not to break it, you'll be pissed if you do.
4. Pop the new bulb in and replace the HVAC panels. They're just held in by friction, no adhesive.
5. Turn on your parking lights and see what you think.

Terribly easy, and it looks pretty cool when you're finished.

·
120 Posts
i'm STILL hoping that someone might know how to put in some nice hyper white or other aftermarket bulbs into my b14 HVAC. i took the whole thing apart, and there are 2 lights behind the HVAC, which are TINY TINY lights, i dunno what size they are, but the 74 sylvanias at kragans fit them, but they are a lil bit bigger than the stock ones. however, the sylvanias have no blue condoms on them, making the light for my HVAC an ugly pale orange. i havent found any store or web site that sells these size bulbs in any cool color, only ugly stock orange.

if i have to, once i have the time i will take everything out again, and try fit some of my old gauge cluster condoms onto the bulbs, or use some transparent blue sheets and wrap them around them or something. but only as a last resort.

and no, i dont want indiglos. i just want the stock lighting format, just brighter for a better look. HELP ME PLEASE, i hate this ugly orange!! my friends make fun of me

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Samo!

Thanks Samo! you the man! So you mean to tell me to put a piece of duct tape on the actual HVAC face? where it has the numbering and lettering? And just pull and it will come off? I hope duct tape is strong enough to pull it out cause it seems that those little faces are on there good. Well Ill give it a try Samo.....thanks for your help dude! Yo Dan you want the best bulbs for your ride? go to ImportIntelligence.com they have any bulb you could possibly want. Peace out all!

·
Registered
373 Posts
u know they make little blue rubber things that fit over dome lights right? thats what i have on my dome light but theyre really blue. they really hinder the lighting on the inside.

·
120 Posts
ya those are the condoms i was talking about. they really look like condoms to me. i dont want to use them cuz it makes the light not as bright. i just emailed importintelligence asking if they have or make the bulbs i'm looking for. if they dont, i think i will HAVE to use the condoms, or some blue transparent sheets, to get rid of the orange. i'm suprised NO ONE ON THIS BOARD tried to get some hyper whites for their 200sx HVACS. i've been complaining about this in a couple other threads already, but no one can give me answers, so i assume no one attempted this before. i also searched all around the forums, and other forums too, no success. well if this is the case, then if i succeed i will be the first one to do it! then you can all say i'm the man.

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
Re: Thanks Samo!

Sentra GTR-1 said:
Thanks Samo! you the man!
I know :) .

Sentra GTR-1 said:
So you mean to tell me to put a piece of duct tape on the actual HVAC face?
Yep.

Sentra GTR-1 said:
where it has the numbering and lettering?
Exactly.

Sentra GTR-1 said:
And just pull and it will come off?
It should.

Sentra GTR-1 said:
I hope duct tape is strong enough to pull it out cause it seems that those little faces are on there good.
It should be strong enough.

Sentra GTR-1 said:
Well Ill give it a try Samo.....thanks for your help dude!
Any time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts