Votes: 2 22.2%
  • "gunmetal" housing with candy apple red

Votes: 7 77.8%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which would you think would look better. chrome housing altezzas with candy apple red on the outer lense or the "gunmetal" altezzas with chrome housing.

To give you more info i got a torqouise green sentra, i'm going to put black housing projectors on and most likely gunmetal tenzo r poke 10's (they really arent gunmetal more of a dark gray color)

and just to keep me from getting angry or waste time and server space NO LEAVING THE TAIL LIGHTS STOCK IS NOT A OPTION I AM GOING TO MOD AN ALTEZZA AND THATS THE BOTTOM DAMMIT LINE!

Whew i need to hit the old water bong.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nah i'm going to either keep the red one, polish it up and make it nice and shiny or "Make it dissappear" remember i'm going to paint the lenses candy apple red so in this situation the gray trunkpanel would look more out of place than the red one.

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
Option 3: Don't post polls that ask people what they think you should do to your car. Arrgghh...

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm just asking for opinions man. it seems that people all ways want to give me theres when i don't want them so now i'm actually asking for it. close the thread if you have such a big problem with it. damn

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
I'm not going to close the thread because it's a perfectly valid question. And thank you for using the forum properly, that's a very good thing :) ! My point is this - the car is yours, so your opinion is the only one that matters. I came across a little strong, so I apologize... it's been a rough week. Anyway, carry on :) .

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
superfro I was thinking of doing the exact same thing--I was gonna go with the gumetal and then red spray the outside--IM trying to get as far from the ALteeza look as I can--while still using them ofcourse ;)

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My only problem with altezzas is that the chrome just give too much of a "ghetto shiny" look to me. just like the little strips of chrome people put in between the door gaps, chrome fender accents, chrome winshieldw wipers and chrome hubcaps. I want to make something that looks like its off a upscale 2003 model car such as g35 coupe, ect. I'm thinking about getting the chrome housing one, tinting the 2 inner with alittle black like the ones on the gunmetal one. the thing is the only way i'll figure out which would look better in my opinion is to just do both which would be expensive unless i sell the one i don't like, or maybe get the chrome one and if it doesn't look dark enough sell them. but the way the gunmetal altezzas actually look looks alittle to wierd to me going by what jayL has on his car. i might order them and see if they have the look to give me what i envision and if not send them back for the chrome housing ones.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Yeah I would just start wit the Gunmetal and Im pretty sure you'll like them to work off of

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
check out i was just looking at super street in my local food lion waiting for my order at the chinese place to get done and a saw a new euro tail light APC came out with. they are called 3D retro tails. they dont have a outer lense on them and they are either carbon fiber or a paintable black. i can't really describe them but trust me they are hot as hell. i don't think they are on their site yet since the mag they were in was out at the beginning of this month and i haven't seen them on their site the last time i checked it

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
hmmmm sounds intresting --but tell me wut do U think of Liu's Black Alteezas on a white car with the middle panel in white--cuz its already getting done in white and I dont want that cheap black middle UKNOW...

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
to me it seems that you want to make it look like their isn't a trunk panel so i say do the extra work and put bondo in between the gaps to really make it disappear. I think it would look good the only reason why i wouldn't do it is because i have the vivid teal paint job so i want my car to have a "bright" look to it and they would have too much of a dark low key look to them. I got a question, am i the only one that sees Lius black altezzas as just plain old altezzas with black high temp paint on them, sealed up real good? Like i said i'm not trying to down him or anything, but its something anyone can do thereself so why wait for him to make u some when u can do them your self with stuff available at your local autoparts store. but if you could create some of those new 3D retro tails i'll gladly fork out some money for them

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
haha.. they buy cuz they dont have the time/ supplies / or the patience to do it themselves.

:p :D

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
3-d Retro tails.

maybe just remove the outer casing of the altezzas and then seal up all holes and paint.

*shrugs* worth a shot.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
to me it seems that you want to make it look like their isn't a trunk panel so i say do the extra work and put bondo in between the gaps to really make it disappear.

Yeah U right AND I am having it all molded and filled in so it looks like there is no actual trunk panel there......

oh and yeah

haha.. they buy cuz they dont have the time/ supplies / or the patience to do it themselves.

Liu's right too .....lol

But I see what youre saying super thats why I want to see how it looks on a car....

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
LIUSPEED said:
3-d Retro tails.

maybe just remove the outer casing of the altezzas and then seal up all holes and paint.

*shrugs* worth a shot.
If anyone is gonna do that, they might as well take the reflector off the center panel and do the 3d to that too (reverse light). Its worth a shot, but remember to seal up the inner lenses real good. ;) I wouldn't mind seeing them.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
have you actually seen them? theres more to them than that. you can tell that they have altezzas in their blood line but they are by no means altezzas. i cant really describe them but trust me they are more than just altezzas with out the lense or chrome. even though they might look better with a outer lense though.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
worth a shot...

who want to buy the first prototype if i do make these successfully.

haha..

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Sure, it wont be *exactly* like what APC made, but its the basic idea...naked altezzas. :D j/k

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
andre is right..

haha NAKED ALTEZZA ! that what ill call them !!

***NEW*** NAKED ALTEZZA FOR SALE !!!

ROFL !!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts