Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:newbie: Had tossed around a xTerra, maybe another truck (again). But wound up in the pathy and really like it. This is NOT my main issue in this post, but is $17,5 decent for it? seems like it. Of course tax added, and a $2k warranty- ouch. but seems to me $17,5 was pretty reasonable.

any way it is an SE with/o the few extra pkgs- no pedal mover or seat memory. 4. L not the V-8 and glad :balls:

Love the "smoke" gray. i know it is called something else. LOOKS NICE. wife was saying it was too nice for us! hahaa

we had an escape and ditched it. though the front wheel drive escape could take some corners LOL

ok- my biggest hangup- mileage. Man i have to increase mileage someway. we did a 90% hwy trip today and got 20.x mpg. forget what the decimal was. But 20 seemed acceptable. NOT GREAT, but acceptable.

obvious comes to mind: the programmers. big questions are warranty concerns. And of course real GAINS in the mpg dept. is there really any thing we can get here? or elsewhere?

thanks guys

·
Registered
430 Posts
I guess it's a 2wd? 4wd doesn't get that good of mileage unless you have road tires and easy on the gas, sticking to the speed limit. You aren't going to get much better mileage. Most upgrades the the drivetrain increase horsepower, but suck down more gas. Only things you can do is make sure your air filter is clean, change the oil for synthetic and the tranny oil also. Other than getting road/highway specific tires, not much can be gained.

I have Revo AT's and the mileage went down 2mpg. I down slide around in the messy stuff, but the truck is a little heavier now. You just have to face the facts of a bigger suv with a bigger engine is going to use more gas. Have fun with it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply. No it's 4WD. but i milked it for every inch to get that mileage. To contrast that 20.x i just did the next tank with mostly in town and a small 30 miles or so on hwy. i got 14.3 ! ouch !!!

As for the oil- we opted for the oil changes warranty. something i never do, since i dont mind changing oil. So now w/oil changes i really doubt they will add synthetic- and a lower weight.

think i am canceling the oil change and warranty today any way. Closest Nissan dealer is 2 hours away. more on this in another thread :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts