Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it has 193,000 miles and I noticed today that it has a timing belt. I've done t-belts on an 87 and an 88 maxima but this even looked easier. it's just like the 89 sentra I had several years back. how bad of a job is that?

Dan

·
Proud owner of a GA16i
508 Posts
blackmaxima88 said:
it has 193,000 miles and I noticed today that it has a timing belt. I've done t-belts on an 87 and an 88 maxima but this even looked easier. it's just like the 89 sentra I had several years back. how bad of a job is that?

Dan
search e16 timing belt work.

here

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
you got to get an engine mount unbolted, i sugest you do water pump as well (easy acces while mount is off) and buy a tentioner too... from there its pretty easy from someone who've done it before.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
yea easy peasy liek crazed said do all usual maintenence while u got it apart , might need a torx wrench to get the belt cover off, i REALLY dont think it was factory but thats what i had on mine so just double check so u dont strip it out trying to use a screw driver

·
M-Unit Racing
627 Posts
I took the torx bolts, chunked them in the garbage, and went to Napa and got me some 10mm metric bolts. Either way, its an easy project. I found the e16i very easy to work on except for that pipe that goes on the manifold. I had troubles with it when I was replacing the head.

overall, if you are really good at it, it might take you only 2-3 hours. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts