Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if i could get a few opions on this issue, the more replies the better... once spring comes and its warm enough to work on my car, i'm goin to replace the y-pipe(the flex section is rotting anyway). i know that cattman tends to be the best, but that also makes it the most expensive. so i was wondering from a qaulity point of view if the custommaxima pipe is a good choice since its about $100 cheaper. if anyone has one i'd def like to know ur opinion. i know there r other pipes, but its really between those 2 for me. let me know what u think! thanks guys!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Cattman, Budget, Warspeed, CustomMaxima...they're all the same.

I went with the Budget because of the positive feedback (since they revised their old version) and they're Canadian, so I don't have to pay brokerage. Fitament is awesome no bees and it's stainless steel.

I don't think the Cattman is worth it. You're paying for over-the-top welds. I wouldn't even buy it if I had the $350 to blow.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok i got one opinion... i know all of u have opinions too... im lookin for as much feedback as i can get... so please more feedback

·
Will work for beer
2,696 Posts
All Y pipes are NOT the same!!

Cattman, CustomMaxima, Warpspeed, Budget in that order.

If you look at the build quality and flow patterns of the pipes, the Budget pipe is crap compared to the others.

Until you've seen all of them lined up next to each other and installed them (which I have), don't compare the quality of a $100 pipe with a $300 pipe.

·
DNE Boy
93 Posts
+1 on that ^

I got mine from warpspeed. There's a diff in stainless steel or not. That could be an issue depending on where you live.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Hmm, I'll have to take a look at the Cattman stuff again. His first revision stuff is crap, the second revision stuff isn't great... but he's probably on his fourth or fifth revision now, so it should be pretty good by now.

By comparison I haven't seen too many Warpspeed or Stillen ones, and I've never seen a Custommaxima one, whereas Matt's seen them all, including the most current stuff. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts