Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello ,trying to decide between xtrail se awd and saturn awd or hyundai santa fe gls awd any info would help greatly from any owners out there .We live in Oshawa,Ontario

·
Registered
109 Posts
The X-Trail will be the most fuel economical, looks better, awesome sunroof on the SE, strong brakes, flexible AWD system. Looks are subjective of course but the Saturn and Santa Fe are ugly!

·
X-Trail Moderator
902 Posts
look on the internet...

Wade,

Hi, welcome & hope to see you again on Nissan X-Trail forum soon.

I looked at all the small suv market before going with the X-Trail; sure the Saturn Vue had the most power but when surfing the internet THE FIRST post I got was LEMON related the more I searched the more horror stories I found about the Vue. You should really strike that one off your list right away.

as for the rest you will find lots of info on this board and also lots of HAPPY, FRIENDLY surfers...

Good luck & see you soon, (You won't regret going with NISSAN !)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,

I agree with Valboo on the Saturn Vue. A colleague's son works at the local Saturn dealership and reports lots of transmission problems with the Vue. He certainly steered me away from them.
As for the Hyundai they do have a better warranty, but when you add up all extra's in the Santa Fe, items that are standard on the SE AWD, like the awesome sunroof, and heated seats ( a must in Canada) I think the X-Trail is better value. I certainly enjoy driving the X-Trail much more than when I test drove the Santa Fe. I think the new Tucson was more comparable to the X-Trail.
The only other consideration would be towing. You can get the Santa Fe with a V6 which I think would be better than the X-Trail's four cylinder.
Anyway, we've had our X-Trail for two weeks and, except for a few of the minor gripes that are well documented in this forum, we really like it.
Good luck with your decision.

Brian

·
Registered
31 Posts
Edmonston's 2005 truck and SUV book says the Vue is the worst SUV you could possibly get, even worse than the Exploder...

·
Registered
39 Posts
wade said:
hello ,trying to decide between xtrail se awd and saturn awd or hyundai santa fe gls awd any info would help greatly from any owners out there .We live in Oshawa,Ontario

Wade, good day...many horror stories about Hyundai not honoring their warranty...many horror stories about paint problems too, not a bad drive though...x-trail now at 3.8% financing, more reliable, better quality....0% financing with Hyundai means nothing if it's constantly in the garage...stay away from Kia too....

·
Proud 2004 X-Trail Owner
691 Posts
I know I'm biased because no experience with Hyundai or Saturns at Mexico, but my father's Exploded experience (2000 XLT) makes us run away from American Dealerships, No Expertice on Korean cars.

I'm horrible, I know, but at up to now, I rather prefer a car from maded by Chika or Akio than by Jin-Ho

http://www.behindthename.com/

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a cousin who had a santa fe and it fell apart straight after the warranty period finished. He told me that he had lots of problems with it and would not want anyone to buy one ever.

He came with me when I test drove my xtrail and said it handled better than the santa fe ever did.

·
XTRAIL-HOLIC
2,228 Posts
dajmil said:
I have a cousin who had a santa fe and it fell apart straight after the warranty period finished. He told me that he had lots of problems with it and would not want anyone to buy one ever.

He came with me when I test drove my xtrail and said it handled better than the santa fe ever did.
Hi Dave, nice to see you join this forum, welcome aboard mate :)

Hey guys, you now have 2 Aussies in the forums :)

Sorry, this post is a bit off-topic.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
XTrail1 said:
The X-Trail will be the most fuel economical, looks better, awesome sunroof on the SE, strong brakes, flexible AWD system. Looks are subjective of course but the Saturn and Santa Fe are ugly!
Thanks for the input I think I will try the Xtrail :cheers:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for your time Brian I think Xtrail it is ,as for towing I'll be towing under 2000 lbs just 2 seadoos and trailer. Thanks again

·
Registered
11 Posts
wade said:
Wade
My wife and I spent two months test driving and researching everything from the Mazda Tribute to the CRV to the Tuscon to the Xtrail and we decided on the Xty. The Odometer just clicked by the 7K mark and we are glad we are very happy so far. The finalists were the CRV and the Xtrail with the Nissan winning out after test driving the two a number of times.

·
Nissan X-TRAIL Enthusiast
715 Posts
Comment from two owners

I did research like many others here in the forum and also agree that The X-Trail won out... I was extremely impressed and still am today. I have now 12,000K.. no problems... and my boss / friend has the same one as I do, just in black with 10,000k and no problems... both had the same tires for winter (GoodYear UltraGrip Ice) and had no problems at all this past winter. We are both extremely happy with our X-Trails.

Stephen

QUOTE=wade]hello ,trying to decide between xtrail se awd and saturn awd or hyundai santa fe gls awd any info would help greatly from any owners out there .We live in Oshawa,Ontario[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Stephen , I see by your picture you have the wind spoiler on roof does it sit higher than the roof racks as I will be also carrying a wind surfer as well as pulling 2 sea-doos

·
Proud 2004 X-Trail Owner
691 Posts
Perspective don't help a lot, but take a look at this topic: Yakima Rack, there are 2 pics where you could see the roof rack is higher than the rear wind spoiler.

wade said:
Thanks Stephen , I see by your picture you have the wind spoiler on roof does it sit higher than the roof racks as I will be also carrying a wind surfer as well as pulling 2 sea-doos

1 - 20 of 22 Posts