Nissan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a 2006 X-trail Bona vista edition. One of the quirks when I bought it is that the previous owner managed to wrench off the light type selector cap on the turn signal arm. I cannot turn on my lights without fiddling with a screwdriver.

Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle

I spoke to Nissan and the part (Part # 25540-8J002) has been discontinued. My questions are:

1. Does anyone know of any websites in Canada or the US that might carry this part? (no luck on rock auto)

2. Does anyone know what other models would have used this part?I feel I have a trip to the auto wreckers in my near future.

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
757 Posts
which province do you live in? My suggestion would be to phone up an auto-wrecker and ask them before heading down to them. See if you can email/text them the photo .
If they say no luck, ask if they can (or have) a '' hotline''.
Here in Vancouver, we have in the city and suburbs a large variety of junk yards and i know for a fact if you ask them '' can you put it on the hotline?'' they will pick up their office phone and use a phone line( or i guess an online site they share) that is shared amongst many auto wrecker yards to ask if they might have that part or something that will work/fit off another vehicle.
Your dealership said it was discontinued.....they try and find out if that part was a common Nissan part? nothing from a nissan Alta, versa, etc that will be the exact part #? cuz if so, again, maybe the wrecker has it.
Another thought....maybe try some large auto body shops in your city. Drive over and chat with the shop manager. I know that as an auto glass technician, i would go almost everyday to a bodyshop to replace their vehicle glass needs. They all have storage rooms or racks full of spare parts from customer repair jobs. Maybe you luck out and one of these shops has the entire stalk they willing to give you for cheap..or maybe free! You never know unless you ask.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
which province do you live in? My suggestion would be to phone up an auto-wrecker and ask them before heading down to them. See if you can email/text them the photo .
If they say no luck, ask if they can (or have) a '' hotline''.
Here in Vancouver, we have in the city and suburbs a large variety of junk yards and i know for a fact if you ask them '' can you put it on the hotline?'' they will pick up their office phone and use a phone line( or i guess an online site they share) that is shared amongst many auto wrecker yards to ask if they might have that part or something that will work/fit off another vehicle.
Your dealership said it was discontinued.....they try and find out if that part was a common Nissan part? nothing from a nissan Alta, versa, etc that will be the exact part #? cuz if so, again, maybe the wrecker has it.
Another thought....maybe try some large auto body shops in your city. Drive over and chat with the shop manager. I know that as an auto glass technician, i would go almost everyday to a bodyshop to replace their vehicle glass needs. They all have storage rooms or racks full of spare parts from customer repair jobs. Maybe you luck out and one of these shops has the entire stalk they willing to give you for cheap..or maybe free! You never know unless you ask.....
Thanks! I managed to find the exact part on Ebay and it’s being shipped. Now to find the right spot to install it. Any suggestions on shops that specialize/excel in electrical?

·
Registered
757 Posts
check out a few Youtube ''do it yourself videos''.....i have one here for you on a honda civic and it seems very easy to get at and remove/replace. ( i would disconnect your vehicle battery before you begin .)
--- honestly, it looks very easy. Phillips screw driver, plastic stick or flat blade screw driver. Once you get the plastic cover off, remove a few screws, disconnect a wire/plug....install new one, test to see if works, put it all back together.
otherwise a mechanical/body shop will probably charge you an hour labor...maybe 1/2 hour if they kind.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts