Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I've had this problem for a while, but I just wanted to bring it up because it's looking like I'll be with project S14 KA24DET into S13 soon, and I'm finally addressing other areas of the car. I removed both front struts to install new springs, but then realized that one of the struts wasn't as it should be. I compressed the spring, then went to remove the spring cap nut, then realized that there was no nut. The other strut had a nut, but this one just had a washer welded in place instead of the nut. Holy friggin' crap this is frustrating. Has anyone else seen anything like this before? I want to find the shop that did this work and throw them a Molotov cocktail party.
Anways, I've explored my options with the strut, like cutting off the washer and then re-welding it, but I think I just want to replace the darned thing. If anyone has any spare front struts for S13 240SX, like after you did coilover conversion or something, please let me know. Also, if you know any cheap place to find one, let me in. I'm probably just going to get one from www.car-part.com.
Thanks guys,
Brian

·
so close to turbo...
925 Posts
www.autopartsauthority.com has cheap cheap prices on everything as far as stock parts but theyre aftermarket stuff isnt something i know much about. i bought my clutch kit from them and it was shipped incredibly fast(2 days after ordered )and shipped free plus a cheap price to start

·
LUCKY SLIDES 2 2/25/06
504 Posts
bridrive55 said:
Hey guys, I've had this problem for a while, but I just wanted to bring it up because it's looking like I'll be with project S14 KA24DET into S13 soon, and I'm finally addressing other areas of the car. I removed both front struts to install new springs, but then realized that one of the struts wasn't as it should be. I compressed the spring, then went to remove the spring cap nut, then realized that there was no nut. The other strut had a nut, but this one just had a washer welded in place instead of the nut. Holy friggin' crap this is frustrating. Has anyone else seen anything like this before? I want to find the shop that did this work and throw them a Molotov cocktail party.
Anways, I've explored my options with the strut, like cutting off the washer and then re-welding it, but I think I just want to replace the darned thing. If anyone has any spare front struts for S13 240SX, like after you did coilover conversion or something, please let me know. Also, if you know any cheap place to find one, let me in. I'm probably just going to get one from www.car-part.com.
Thanks guys,
Brian
i've got some strut if ya wanna buy em but i dunno how good of condition they're in off of a 90 SE

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sunnydet90 said:
i've got some strut if ya wanna buy em but i dunno how good of condition they're in off of a 90 SE
Yeah, I just need 1 strut, with the cap. I don't care about the spring at all. I'll give you $25 for it right now. PM me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts