Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everybody, I have a 93 altima gxe with 184k miles. When the car is idling in park for more than 30 seconds it will stall out. It starts up just fine and runs well (MAYBE a loss of power) when going down the road. It also stalls out when in drive waiting at a stoplight, but not always. If anyone needs more info to help me out, just let me know. I have been running the car pretty low on fuel lately, so I'm thinking it could be the fuel filter or pump roaching out on me...is the filter in the tank with the pump on these cars? Any other common problems with these cars that could cause this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

oh yeah...no check engine light

·
Registered
189 Posts
There is a large fuel filter on the firewall on the driver's side. Easy to change out ... I'd try a new fuel filter and see what happens.

I'd check the distributor cap (inside) for oil residue, and also check the spark plugs. Start with the simple stuff first.

What RPM is the engine idling at? ... should be around 800.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Usually its oil in the distributor

Also it could be a faulty MAF

2 easy checks

1. Open the cap on the distributor. Is it oily inside?

2. If you say the car will stall at idle, then unplug the MAF sensor and start the car. If it does not die from idling then you prolly have a crappy MAF sensor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts