Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have an 84 4X4 2.4 truck i bought a distributor at oriely's the other day when i went to put it in i noticed the the distributor in my truck had 5 connectors on the module don't quote me on this but i think the letters for the connectors were e d t i y or something like that well the new distributor only had for connections on the module and i believe t was the missing letter. i took the dist back and they said they would call me if they could order the right one if they could that was a week ago. does anybody know if that distributor was right and they just revised it or what. i know it's a z24 because i bought an alternator for it back in may. could someone please help.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
If its a Z24 you should have 8 plugs... do you??
Now that I think about it, I'am pretty sure the Z22 had 8 plugs too..
If you still have the original dist. there should be some numbers stamped in it, something like 22100-????? what are the last 5 digits?
Do you still have the metal tag under the hood, it should tell what engine too

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi speedo yea it has 8 spark plugs that and the fact that i bought an alternator for it a while back were the indications that it is a z24. as far as the last 5 numbers on the dist i can't read them. you wouldn't happen to know if they revised the module on the aftermarket distributors that only have 4 connectors instead of the original's 5. once again thanks for the reply and any further help will be appreciated

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Ignition parts I tend to go with oem, I've had bad experence's with aftermarket. So I dont know if they changed or not, they probably just got you the wrong dist.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the info speedo i tried getting one from nissan but they said they didn't go back that far with parts so i'll check out some of the local junk yards to see what i can find.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lmao i could only imagine. some guys have no business being employed with such little knowledge for the old school.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts