Nissan Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I think that the comment that was made was that the auto was more consistant at the track. Keeping in mind that when your drag racing you objective is to get as close to your time as you can.(which is much easier to do with an auto)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Stick with the auto! Trust me, you wont regret it. Two of my friends work at the Infinity dealer. Ones a lot tech the other is a salesman. Needless to say, ive driven just about every variation of g35's and 350z's from super duper bling-bank-expensive to the base model cheapo (if you can call it that.). And from the base model 350z, touring, enthusiast, to the only track model in here in the state.(the owner has a porsche as a daily driver!) in both 6speed and auto.

I personally would go for the 6 speed myself for the pure nostalgic "im in control of the car" feeling. But I tell you with no B.S., I would be a way faster driver with the auto. At the strip or at the auto-x. Unlike the "tiptronic" type transmissions I have driven from different manafactures, the nissan/infinity trans will stay in gear and not down shift regardless of how bad you abuse the gas. We have held every gear to the redline without the thing downshifting. I tell you honestly, at the auto-x track, Id go against ANYONE with the manual trans.........its that good. It might be more consistent at the quarter too, though im still trying to bribe my friend to take his G35 demo to the strip.

I am a lucky bastard when my friend comes by my work to let me "test drive" a different car every day that he has to put gas in after detailing it. Life is such a bitch, how do I live with myself?:p

Oh, and about burn outs with an auto? Just put it into first and floor it with your left foot on the brake lightly to keep the car from rolling. Once the tires let loose, it doesn't take much to do rolling burn outs and massive donuts in a G35. God they are great cars! I wish I could own one.

-verno.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
ok, Sarah
ur the man!
not only do you drive stick,
know nissan, and have one of the sickest cars out there,
but you're a CHICK!!!!
THATS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
I wish women around here would learn to appreciate 5 and 6 speeds, not to mentionyou drive a 300zxTT, which is one of the sexiest cars on the road!!!
I have a question for everyone
Why would you get a "performance" car in an auto?
Especially when you're buying it brand new?
Yes, I have an auto, its my first car i got it from my uncle, but i would trade it in a heartbeat for a fivespeed, theyre so much more fun.
Did you know you can't make to many mods to the power in an automatic, or else your transmission will start slippin?
Unless of course you want your automatic transmission rebuilt to your specifications, but otherwise...
Or that if you know how to shift you'll always run a better time than a mirror image automatic?
And whoever said to dropit from nuetral to drive, what are you thinking? 350z auto's will roast tire without that, they operate on a drive by wire throttle, with a one to one ratio, not to mention they're rear wheel drive, though there weight distribution is impressive, they will roast em good, JUST PUT YOUR FOOT TO THE FLOOR, I promise it'll roast em, my maxima will chirp every now and then, AND thats a frontwheel drive without the drive by wire and alot less torque
but that doesnt matter because you should get the SIX SPEED
And thats all I have to say

·
Registered
82 Posts
john200sx
come on dude, the 6 speed has soooo much more then the auto, trust me, after about 2 months, your gunna be wishing that you had the manual. and doing that auto manual switch SUCKS! i helped my friend do it on his perlude, it wasnt fun, i hated working on that car i must say, but friends help each other out you know, ANYWAYS, whatever you chose to do, have fun building that car, it will be fun! keep us nissan gear heads informed! good luck and have fun beatin' all those hondas that will undoubtingly rev on you. PEACE!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts