Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. 2003 Pathfinder SE. I'd really like to upgrade my sound system from the crappy-sound Bose 6-CD changer that came from the factory. Also, the cold is here which means CD skipping for the first 15-30 minutes until things warm up. UGH!

Has anyone upgraded? Is it the speakers that make this system sound so weak? Or is it the system itself? Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I put in a Kenwood DPX 501 about a year ago and the difference in sound quality was dramatic. On a scale of 1-10, the Bose was a 5 while the Kenwood is a strong 8. I did not replace the speakers, but i did have to put in an amplifier to go between the new unit and the Bose speakers. You can also get an IR repeater that will learn remote control functions so that you can keep your steering wheel controls. The unit purchased is no longer available, but if you buy a quality unit you should get similar or better results that I did.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry, I mis-spoke. It is not an amplifier, but an adapter that connects the Kenwood unit with the BOSE amp. Crutchfield carries it (Item #142C4NN03) It is made by Scosche. It was 40 bucks as I recall.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The problem is the deck not the speakers. I ended up replacing my deck with this right away when I got my Pathfinder.
Clarion DUZ385SAT CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

And used this adapter. They give you half off this if you buy the deck at the same time. Nissan/Infiniti Factory Integration Adapter 1994-up Nissan/Infiniti at Crutchfield.com

I couldn't be happier with setup for the money and it blends nicely with the factory dash.

You also need this if you want to keep your steering wheel controls. PAC SWI-JACK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts