Nissan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Would it be easier to buy a s15 front clip and use it to do the sr20det swap, front end conversion, and right hand drive conversion to a left hand drive s13 240sx? Would the s15 dash fit in the s13?

·
I should be azRS13...
1,021 Posts
What do you mean easier? Depending on the clip... I guess... still would need conversion fenders and hood... Not many clips come with full panels and lights unless you arrange it with a japanese exporter or the shop selling the clip and pay more... You need to mod the dash and interior I think... How old are you and have you done your research?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Easier in the sense that it'd probably be cheaper and less frustrating in the long run to get a front clip that had both fenders, hood, bumper, headlights, engine/tranny, dash etc then to order a conversion kit which only has the fenders,bumper,hood for 2 grand, have to buy a set of headlights for around 6 hundred, radiator support, and then get the engine and tranny.
And I am 18, why that would matter I don't know.

·
I should be azRS13...
1,021 Posts
Your age matters do to the fact that you have no idea what is involved in a conversion like this... The fact that the search button or google has not popped into your mind as into doing the research that is abundantly available on the internet. Im not trying to be a ass but its things like this that show your age... To be honest I half expected you to be 16yrs old... But back to your question... IF you CAN find a clip like that (Which I doubt unless you own a shop or know a exporter) You will save lots of money... But The reason you dont hear happy endings like this is the fact that you will not find a clip like that... If you do magically find one... you can expect it to be WAY more than the low price of $5000... People make more money selling out each individual part... Shops don't make money by being fair... You know the prices of each piece... That's all extra to the shop Then like I said before you will either need conversion fenders or need to weld together the rear half of the s13 fender to the front half of the s15 fender... Do your research...

·
I should be azRS13...
1,021 Posts
Now on to the swap... Its not just a simple drop in like the other SR swaps.... Some modification is required to the tranny or chassis... Do you reserch...

·
Registered
117 Posts
yup he knows

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I never said it would be a simple thing to do, I asked if it were more convenient to get a front clip with all the listed items then to go at them separately, finding such front clips aren't as impossible as you suggest it to be, just have to look.

·
I should be azRS13...
1,021 Posts
Now lastly the RHD conversion... Firewall modification... Are you gonna cut the RHD firewall to replace the LHD firewall? Are you gonna modify the LHD firewall and convert to RHD? Are you just using the dash? Are you gonna mod or change the panels around it the fit the S15 dash? Are you gonna change the rest of the interior to RHD s13 interior? Yes they are different. IE center console and hand brake... Are you doing this all by your self? Are you getting help? Are you gonna pay up the butt to do all this?

·
I should be azRS13...
1,021 Posts
Depends on the price I guess... If you get a clip for a good price (as in cheaper than it would cost to get each piece) I guess... If you are gonna go aftermarket (ie bodykit, hood and stuff like that) then no... why get something you wont use...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I really don't see why you can't just give a solid answer on this subject instead of just jumping from one thing to another and coming off as an ass, a question was asked why not just be helpful and share some guidance with those that aren't fully educated on the subject ?

·
I should be azRS13...
1,021 Posts
There is four post of solid useful answers... If you can find a question I didn't answer then show me... I am educating on the subject... At the same time taking out the childish dreams...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not really a childish dream for all you know the kid could be loaded with money, so I don't really see the point in trying to deter him away from it buy saying he needs an exporter and things like that. You yourself were once young anyway and had dreams so why try to ruin someone else's?

·
I should be azRS13...
1,021 Posts
I'm not ruining his dreams... I'm educating him on what is involved... A strawberry face conversion isn't a dream it is completely doable... there are plenty in this world... Yes I was young... I determined what I wanted and didn't want by learning what is involved at the age of 14... Not by asking but by reading... Listen, if he really is rich... He would pay someone to do it and let the pros deal with what is involved maybe ask about who or where is cheapest... If he was rich and ambitious with a good mind then he would ask better questions like fitment, procedure or price ranges...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ever think that maybe he doesn't know every single aspect of the car at this point? Or it was just a general question on the car and how to go about doing it on a budget, not everyone can drop mad cash on project cars, but anyway just to give the OP a little piece of input towards the subject try looking into the CWest C1 kit

·
I should be azRS13...
1,021 Posts
Like I said I learned my info at 14... Started working on 240's at 16... owned a 240 at 19 and have been learning more ever since... Im 26 and still am learning.... The questions I asked where questions I couldn't find answers to... I haven't been a ass to manypeople on this forum since I've been here 2003... Answered plenty of question... I just hate when people refuse to look for the answers. Yes, its good to ask... But better to look

·
I should be azRS13...
1,021 Posts
Ever think that maybe he doesn't know every single aspect of the car at this point? Or it was just a general question on the car and how to go about doing it on a budget, not everyone can drop mad cash on project cars, but anyway just to give the OP a little piece of input towards the subject try looking into the CWest C1 kit
In which case I answered what he needed to know... Give me more input... I've got more answers... These questions aren't sticky material... So he might as well give me budget and future goals for the car (power, looks, and purpose)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Good lord.SO much crap from a simple question.Easiest way I can think of to solve ur dilema: by the s15 conversion kit,you can find it anywhere $800-$1000,may or may not include the trunk.To get the right hand drive set find someone selling it,in ATL you can find it for around $500,plenty of people buying s13 front clips and selling off their silvia front ends and right hand drive sets to make their money back.And no,the s15 dash wont fit at all,and if you can afford an s15 front end you can afford an entire s15.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts