Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
if i was to have a WOT nitrous engangement, does that mean that when i put my foot down, the nitrous sprays, or when i put my foot down, i can press a button to make the nitrous go. (the button dosnt work when your foot is not all the way down)
If you can clear this up for me would be great.
Thanks

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Sazbot said:
if i was to have a WOT nitrous engangement, does that mean that when i put my foot down, the nitrous sprays, or when i put my foot down, i can press a button to make the nitrous go. (the button dosnt work when your foot is not all the way down)
If you can clear this up for me would be great.
Thanks
30 seconds and google yielded this from Zex.

http://www.zex.com/Technical/Instructions/TPSSwitch/ZEX137.pdf

Honestly is there any info. avail. outside the forums??? :thumbup:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have actually done a lot of reading.
also, that site dosnt exactly awnser my original question, i presume that the zex controll will only enable nitrous when at WOT, but it does not actually say that it does.
sorry to trample on you toes on that one.
if a question is never asked on here, that can be found else where, then in reality this forum would be crap.
with every question asked on this forum, we are adding collecting all the info in one place, so we shouldnt need to go searching around.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Maybe I don't understand your question. There are a lot of differnet ways to set up nitrous and you can pretty much do whatever you want. JWT has a daughter board module for nitrous that can be pretty much programmed to do whatever you want. Otherwise you will have to use things like the Zex module or come up with other solutions to spray when you want too.

And to answer your question typically in order for nitrous to spray at all you have to have a switch that arms the notrous or turns it ON if you will, and THEN it sprays at WOT if you have it set up that way. Again this is the most common setup, surely you have come accross this in your reading;)

I guess we have a different view of what makes the forum useful, it is not ALL the questions that make it so. I think it is the answers to previous questions that make it useful and answers. I am not aying not to ask questions but i am saying that searching is paramount if you want to truly gain anything from the forums.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok i see your point on that.
now, how about a a theroy question on possibility of an application (dam, i just said a few big words)

as you say, you have an arming switch, witch then activates you button to engage nitrous....... would it be possible to make your arming switch, WOT.
so your nice red button is only ever going to be able to work when you have your foot planted?

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
There is no reason for a button. If it's armed it'll spray at WOT (only time it should) and when it's off it won't. Are you really that hard up to have a red button for nitrous?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
screw fast and the furious, i would prefer a hidden button on the underside of the wheel. but would still want a button, not just when at WOT.

·
Viva el iPod
1,232 Posts
You don't typically want the system armed all the time and spraying EVERYTIME you're at WOT, that would be expensive and useless. The point is that you can control when power comes on.

Most people setup the nitrous in the following way:

1. An arming switch that will "ready" the system when you flip it on. That way you're not squeezing on your way to work, etc.

2. Once armed and ready a switch that sprays the nitrous (or nitrous/fuel). Most common a button on the floor pushed by the throttle pedal, is activated by the signal from the TPS, etc. The reason systems are setup for WOT spraying is 1. for safety (makes sure you have plenty of fuel), 2. WOT is when you're making/needing power.

2a. Some people use a "happy button" or whatever wherein they hold the button down to spray. Most people want both hands on the wheel, but whatever floats your boat.

3. Some systems allow you to program when nitrous sprays, or lets you setup multiple sprays in different ranges (usually staggered power sprays at different RPM, and for different durations, etc.). Venom makes a kit you can program with a Palm, other manufactuers sell modules that do this as well.

I hope that clears up some things. There's a lot out there, from basic stuff, to really sofisticated systems and accessories.

Happy Squeezing!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ARRRRGGGHHH im not meaning that it sprays everytime i put my foot down (WOT) im meaning that it is armed (ready to be used) when i put my foot down, eg, nitrous can only be used when at WOT, but still need to press the button to spray the shit.

·
Registered
258 Posts
dude, why are obsessed with the little red button? LITTLE RED BUTTONS on the steering wheel? thats so fast and furious right there. i like the theory that b11 posted. :cheers:

·
GA16DE
606 Posts
If he wants buttons, its his car and his config ;)
I personally prefer the stealth route w/o red buttons around
Peace

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Sazbot said:
ARRRRGGGHHH im not meaning that it sprays everytime i put my foot down (WOT) im meaning that it is armed (ready to be used) when i put my foot down, eg, nitrous can only be used when at WOT, but still need to press the button to spray the shit.
Dude you can set it up however you want! I think that is a waste though, do you really want to be pressing a button while you are spraying nitrous, honestly you will need both hands to drive! It totally defeats the purpose of the arming switch and WOT setup.

But hey if it floats your boat then fine.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well by having the WOT as the arming switch, and having a button on the underside of the steering wheel (yes will have to be custom made, and for the sake of it, lets make it black) you can have a lot more controll of exactly how much nitrous you are using, and can still have you foot down to use it.
also, lets say you are at the track, and you have you foot down, so you would be goin pretty fast to start off, then you decide that you want to use a bit of nitrous, you have to take a hand off the steering wheel to flick the switch to enable nitrous. so you have to take a hand off.
with having wot as the enabling switch, and a button on the steering wheel to spray.... you can decide, heck, i want to spray a little on this straight, and just press the button as your foot will already be all the way down, thus the nitrous will be enabled. No hands having to come off the steering wheel.
or if you are the type of driver that always has a hand on the gear stick, you dont need to mave any hands.
Sorry about the long post, i just think that this setup would be much better for some applications (not all i admit) and there is no mention of having it this way anywhere. and why bring up fast and the furious every time you want to diss someone about nitrous, what have you watched it that many tmes that you have all the details stuck in your head?

·
Viva el iPod
1,232 Posts
Sazbot said:
Yes, in theory you can arm with a WOT switch, but that means you are going arm the system everytime you lay the foot down. This is not the best way to go, you're solenoids are going to work more than they have to.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
....most??? that means that some you can....... hmmmm....
gotta remember that im not in america, we have better petrol octane and different track rules.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts