Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, do you think its worth parting out my 1994 Nissan Sentra XE? It developed rod knock last week after I swapped out one of the injectors, checked the compression, and it is indeed low in that cylinder where I changed the injectior. Anyway, the car has 170k on it, and isnt in too bad of shape. Do you think its worth taking it apart and selling on here as a part out?

·
Registered
45 Posts
If u dont plan on using it and u dont think anyone will buy it u might as well part it out. But dont give up on it to easily they are nice project cars.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I actuall have another 91 Sentra coming my way that is in great shape and that I will use as an extra car, so I think I will be parting out the 94. It has a new alternator, starter, battery, the trans shifts great, and the interior isnt bad at all! Ill probably get more money partiing it out then giving it away for a couple hundred bucks with the rod knocked motor.

·
Registered
734 Posts
strip it for parts on the 91 that your getting. you can never have enough spare parts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think it is worth parting out... But I am only saying that because I am need of some front end parts for my Sentra... So I might be a bit biased, but hey, what the hell, just go for it, right?. So if you do plan on parting it out let me know.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will let you know, Ill post it in this thread. Im not sure how long the motor will run with the current rod knock. Im still driving it around town, like today since its rainy and terrible out. At work I park under trees and with 40mph winds, Id rather tree and branches fall on the Sentra than my Lexus. However, I am worried about it stranding me too!! I was thinking taking out the new alternator, battery, starter and keeping it for extra parts so we will see. What sort of front end parts did you need?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts