Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a 99 nissan Maxima with 100,000. auto, Leather seats, power everything, but its wrecked in the front. but all that needs to be replaced is the hood and the grill. The dude wants 1600 for it. Is is worth it? and how much would it cost to repair it?

·
Will work for beer
2,696 Posts
If that's all that's wrong with it, then that's a helluva deal. plan to spend about $1000 or so to replace the hood and grille. hood is about $250-300 from a dealer, grille is about $60-150, depending on source, and painting it will cost you a couple/few hundred.

·
Dame tu cola!
336 Posts
id buy it with out a doubt. plus u wouldnt have to worry about the painting if u get the hood through the dealer all u have to do is get the hood the color u want so the painting is done. what i would do right when id get the car is id give it a nice tune up unless things look ok :thumbup:

·
Will work for beer
2,696 Posts
you don't buy body panels painted already from the dealer.. you can get some parts painted, like door handles and possibly grilles, but the hood will come primed and ready for paint.

·
In Ur Threadz - Deleting!
1,906 Posts
...another alternative would be to try and find someone/junkyard that has the same color as your car and replace the parts that way. Of course you are buying used.

(try www.car-parts.com too)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but it might make it look muti color...i thinking of just buying a carbon fiber hood for it...i might just have enough if i could sell my KTM :( i'll miss ridding. But are Maxima low mant.? what would i have to do to keep it going since it already has high miles. need it to last rest of my high school years

·
Will work for beer
2,696 Posts
100k miles is going to be the big maintenance time for any car...
CV joints, drive belts, spark plugs, some suspension bushings, shocks... everything else should go practically forever on them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts