Nissan Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

· Paddle Shifted
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Well'p gang, I'm a dumbass! :dumbass:
The O2 sensor was the right one. The problem was the retaining nut had welded itself to the O2 sensor. I didn't notice because it came off and looked like one solid piece. I got a replacement nut and new O2 sensor installed it seemlessly and now the car "Rusty" runs like a charm. Well I hope we all learned a lesson here, especially me.

· Paddle Shifted
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
kellen_wynn said:
Well'p gang, I'm a dumbass! :dumbass:
The O2 sensor was the right one. The problem was the retaining nut had welded itself to the O2 sensor. I didn't notice because it came off and looked like one solid piece. I got a replacement nut and new O2 sensor installed it seemlessly and now the car "Rusty" runs like a charm. Well I hope we all learned a lesson here, especially me.
Ummm maybe spoke too soon. I started the car up again this morning and got some white smoke/steam after idle again. Could be from all this cold rainy weather. Car drove fine and didn't smoke during the day. Please let it be something simple and cheap or my paranoia.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.