Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought a 88 pathfinder,, dont know much about it, it was running well only problem was it "surges" tach runs at 2000RPM and never drops to normal speed. This weekend it just quit on me driving down the road like it was running out of gas. I can start it and it idles ok,, when I go to step on the gas,, it's like it's starving for gas, and if you hold the pedal down it just dies?? any idea's ?? I am sure it could be a number of things... I just need a little help and advise.. Thanks!!

·
3,553 Posts
Run the ECU error codes first. There's a post at the top of this forum on how to do it.

I'd start with the cap and rotor, fuel filter, clean the MAF sensor, change the plugs and wires, check vacuum lines, etc. Do you have any history of what's been done to it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Run the ECU error codes first. There's a post at the top of this forum on how to do it.

I'd start with the cap and rotor, fuel filter, clean the MAF sensor, change the plugs and wires, check vacuum lines, etc. Do you have any history of what's been done to it?
I have done most of that,, had it tuned up new wires, cap rotor etc, fuel filter, didnt clean MAF, have checked lines,, but upon further examination yesterday I didi find that the wire that goes to the coil/transformer , well that whole thing was just flopping around,, its actually rusted away from the frame.. and that the Air Intake canister is totally rusted into also. I am going to try and find replacement parts and then go from there, seeing as I am going need them anyway. I will let you know asap. I know at this point not having a complete history,,,It's gonna be a long haul.. thanks , and film at 11:00

1 - 3 of 3 Posts