Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Hates everyone.
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little help please...

My 94 Sentra, GA16DE 5 speed didn't start this morning. We took out the battery to check it and it was bad (replaced under warranty) so I got a replacement, put it in and....

Nothing. It still won't start. The lights come on and all other electrical bits work but when I turn the key nothing happens in there. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

·
Nissan Fetish
150 Posts
This kinda happened to me too

Something similar happen to me at school(exept my car was turning over and I have an auto tranny) and I go to school for auto. So my teacher went with me to check it out and he said it was my fuel filter.

Its real cheap and easy to change. Have you changed that lately? I'm sure you might need a new one anyway, so I would probly try that. I ran on the stock fuel filter for 126,xxx miles and they recomend you change it every 10,000 miles.

You might also have a bad starter. Honestly it could be alot of things. In fact today we were talking about this in class and there are more things then I would have thought and alot of them are like clogged injectors, bad fuel pump, and maybe a disconnected speed sensor (I doubt this but some kid in class said his dads chevy wouldnt start after he pulled the sensor out so he could sneak out one night, he said even after he started the truck and pulled it out it shut off).

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
sound like your starter.. if it wont turn over i believe ur starter is dead.

time to get a new one

·
3 bar MAP
1,381 Posts
right, if the starter doesnt make any noise or even try to turn...its most likely the solenoid is stuck. its the canister looking thing on top of the starter. tap it a couple of times then try starting it. i used to do this all the time with my b13.

·
Banned
395 Posts
just because the car doesnt turn over doesnt necessecerily mean its the starter, this happened to me one morning when i was in a hurry to go to work, the car turned, but wouldnt engage........this after a while of the car sometimes engaging and sometimes not, and when it did engage, it would engage harshly........my starter was bad, but the car DID turn over as if it was gonna start......but yea, try hitting the starter with something hard(dont break the thing tho!) then give it a whirrl

1 - 10 of 10 Posts