Nissan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all... names Maria (yes I'm female)

I used to have a 96 Honda Civic, sold it back in October..

now i've been checking out this 1996 200SX Se-R..

http://autos.keepitlocal.com/detail.asp?CarID=35746

Thats the car.. i went and looked at it today... it really interests me...

I did a quick "free" carfax on it and it came back with 12 records... does anyone got a carfax account.. also... mind explaing to me the potentional and etc of this particular car..

when i comes to the 6th gen hondas.. i got a clue.. this... i'll admit.. i'm clueless..

(I'm really interested in Japanese parts and etc and yes I know.. a 240SX would be easier to do so with)

I've already found that I could get the GC coils and AGX struts again.. which I think I definately would do and if I read it right.. this car is also a 4 by 100 so I could go with some Rotas or Spoons (depending on money)

This is my ex-car if you care.. remember opinions really mean nothing since I haven't had it in 9 months..

·
Registered
722 Posts
shorty u better be glad this place isn't in nc or i would trade my sentra in and take it from you. you better jump on that before some other open minded import enthusiast does. it would be a definite upgrade from a civic just because its different

·
Registered
323 Posts
except for the miles it's pulling and the fact I just ordered the ACT clutch for 1.6 and it's not in NC, I'd grab it up real quick, just have to figure out how to get what I paid for this SE, sigh.....

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
Buy it.

The SE-R is a great car with a great motor, the SR20DE. 140HP, 138ft-lbs of torque (I think...). The SR20DE is a 2.0l motor, with gobs of aftermarket support. It's in the same family as the SR20DE-T from Japan that has from 205-215 HP (or so) on a T28 turbo running something like 8lbs of boost. FMAX makes a turbo kit utilizing a T3/T04 turbo and 400+ HP has been done many times. Also, there is the DE-T swap, VE swap, and the ungodly (but ultra-rare) SR20VE-T with 280 HP, Neo-VVL technology (Nissan's VTEC) and is a swap that has never been done as far as I know. Any bolt-on you could ever want is available, although parts are usually more expensive than for a Civic.

There are lots of options for body-type-stuff, but JDM is an issue. The B14 chassis is a N. America-only car, so JDM basically doesn't exist. There is the Sunny in Japan, which is built on the same platform, but doesn't share a whole lot of body work, so if you're bent on JDM, you might want to look for a 240.

The lug pattern is 4x100, but I wouldn't put Spoons on it if I were you - that'd be kinda goofy. Gunmetal 16" Rota Subzeros though... drool... Also, SE-R wheels are in high demand with us B13 guys, so you could probably recover some of the cost of the new wheels be selling your stockies.

So, welcome to the site, we all hope to see another female face cruising around in a nice 200SX.

By the way, nice Civic. I love EK hatchies!

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
definately a nice car. (has a ton more options than mine). you definately want to get the 2.0L, it has a ton of potential and aftermarket support. also like he said above, this car is also easy to turbo if you go with a nice kit from hotshot or something. you will be pushing 235+hp to the wheels. other than that, b14 SE-Rs aren't easy to come by, If I ever got another chance, I would much rather be in the SR20 family than the GA16 family.

glad you consitered a nissan..:D
welcome to the boards ;)

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aright.. well off to the dealership in the AM tomorrow to check it out up close and personal....

Thanks for the input.... and if anyone has anything else to add, feel free... :D

Oh ya... if yer on AIM.. NDCivicHB (go ahead and message me, I dun bite!)

·
Registered
490 Posts
That price seems a little high (to me)

I live in atlanta, and I had the ability to shop around.

I got my 98 200sx se (not r) for $5000.

58k miles, every single option you could get. Clean carfax.

Needed a new clutch, high side a/c hose, and that's it. I did the work myself and it costed me $200 including getting the a/c filled.

I had looked at an 97 se-r that had 75k with no probs but it was about $6.5k and that was a little high to me for that milage.

Anywho, look around, but when you find a good deal then grab. Apparently where you live this is a good deal

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1997 GA16DE said:
the kbb value is between 5.9K and 7.5K depending on the seller.
just trying to figure out what the 12 records are on the title..

how come nobody is hitting me up on AIM.. lol

NDCivicHB

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: ahha

Niss200SXGTR said:
haha because your never on aim, when i "hit you up"
I'm talking to someone right now..

I'm on AIM right now.. :cool:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This SUCKS..

Person apparently wasn't very good at driving

GOOD NEWS! CARFAX search results confirm this 1996 NISSAN 200SX SE-R (1N4BB42D4TC506921) qualifies for the FREE $5,000 CARFAX Clean Title History Guarantee. By ordering this CARFAX Report, you have significantly reduced your risk of purchasing a vehicle with a costly hidden problem.

Section #: Section Name: Section Results:
Vehicle Specifications 1N4BB42D4TC506921
1996 NISSAN 200SX SE-R
Title Check Clean Title History Guaranteed
Odometer Rollback Check No Odometer Rollback Detected

Problem Check 1 problem(s) found
Registration Check Checked 7 types of vehicle registrations
Vehicle History Details 12 Total Vehicle History Records Found

Register your FREE $5,000 CARFAX Clean Title History Guarantee Today!

NOTE: This vehicle has not been inspected by CARFAX and it may have problems that have not been reported to CARFAX. CARFAX recommends a vehicle inspection by a professional mechanic.

How did CARFAX analyze this vehicle's history?

VIN: 1N4BB42D4TC506921
Year/Make/Model: 1996 NISSAN 200SX SE-R

Body Style: COUPE
Engine: 2.0L L4 EFI
Fuel: GASOLINE
Driveline: FRONT WHEEL DRIVE
Carburetion: FUEL INJECTED
Cylinders: 4
Manufactured in: UNITED STATES

GOOD NEWS! CARFAX search results confirm this 1996 NISSAN 200SX SE-R (1N4BB42D4TC506921) qualifies for the CARFAX FREE $5,000 Clean Title History Guarantee.

CARFAX analyzed this vehicle's title history to determine if any title documents were designated or marked with the following problems:

Problem Titles Checked: Results:
Salvage/Junk Checked - No Salvage/Junk Title Found
Rebuilt/Reconstructed Checked - No Rebuilt/Reconstructed Title Found
Flood Damage Checked - No Flood Damage Title Found
Damage Disclosure Checked - No Damage Disclosure Found
Manufacturer Buyback (LEMON) Checked - No Manufacturer Buyback Found
Exceeds Mechanical Limits (EML) Checked - No EML Found
Not Actual Mileage (NAM) Checked - No NAM Found

NOTE: Click here for a complete CARFAX Glossary.

GOOD NEWS! CARFAX search results on this 1996 NISSAN 200SX SE-R (1N4BB42D4TC506921) did not uncover a potential odometer rollback. CARFAX analyzed this vehicle's reported odometer readings to determine if any reading is less than a previously reported reading.

Date Reported: Odometer Reading:
07/12/1996 211 Reported on 06/09/1996

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11/30/1996 10,000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11/26/1997 28,000

12/02/1998 45,525 Reported on 10/30/1998

12/14/1998 46,625

01/06/1999 46,665

03/24/1999 47,715

03/04/2002 81,301

03/21/2002 81,302

ALERT! CARFAX search results on this 1996 NISSAN 200SX SE-R (1N4BB42D4TC506921) identify one or more potential problems:

Problems Checked: Results:
Accident Checked - Accident Record Found
Salvage Auction Checked - No Salvage Auction Record Found
Failed Emissions Inspection Checked - No Failed Emissions Record Found
Fire Damage Checked - No Fire Damage Record Found
Crash Test Vehicle Checked - No Crash Test Vehicle Record Found
Grey Market Vehicle Checked - No Grey Market Vehicle Record Found

CARFAX search results on this 1996 NISSAN 200SX SE-R (1N4BB42D4TC506921) identify the types of state motor vehicle department registrations, other than private, that appear in this vehicle's history.

Registrations Checked: Results:
Lease Checked - No Lease Registration Found
Rental Checked - No Rental Registration Found
Government Checked - No Government Registration Found
Taxi Checked - No Taxi Registration Found
Fleet Checked - No Fleet Registration Found
Commercial Checked - No Commercial Registration Found
Non-Profit Checked - No Non-Profit Registration Found

The CARFAX database contains a total of 12 vehicle history records on this 1996 NISSAN 200SX SE-R (1N4BB42D4TC506921):

DATE
REPORTED ODOMETER
READING INFORMATION
SOURCE GENERAL
COMMENTS
06/01/1996 Florida
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Delray Beach, FL
Registered as
private vehicle

07/12/1996 211 Florida
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Delray Beach, FL
Title #71304271
Title issued
First owner reported
First lien reported
Odometer reading recorded on 06/09/1996

11/30/1996 10,000 Florida
Inspection Station
West Palm Beach, FL
Passed emissions inspection

11/26/1997 28,000 Florida
Inspection Station
West Palm Beach, FL
Passed emissions inspection

12/02/1998 45,525 Florida
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Title #71304271
Title issued
Odometer reading recorded on 10/30/1998

12/14/1998 46,625 Auto Auction
Southeast Region
Vehicle sold

01/06/1999 46,665 Auto Auction
Mountain Region
Vehicle sold

03/24/1999 47,715 Kansas
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Garden City, KS
Title #J0559518
Title issued
Ownership transfer reported
First lien reported

05/14/2000 Kansas
Police Report
Case #200000285650
Accident Reported
in Finney County
Vehicle involved in crash
with another motor vehicle
Minor damage reported

06/09/2000 Kansas
Police Report
Case #200000341880
Accident Reported
in Finney County
Vehicle involved in crash
with another motor vehicle
Moderate damage reported

03/04/2002 81,301 Kansas
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Title #L1366118
Title issued
Ownership transfer reported
Vehicle repossessed

03/21/2002 81,302 Auto Auction
Sold at auction
in Midwest Region
Listed as
a fleet vehicle

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
welcome, you have a b14...

first off, welcome to the site, and se-r is a very good choice, but one thing though is that it doesn't have vtc, also found on the legendary 300zx( all heil the Z!!!!), anyway, it seems to be a cool car, very good potential, very wide and extensive parts support, somewhat like your previous car, have fun with it , that's the main idea, and also (read lower section)........later......and welcome......

1 - 17 of 17 Posts