Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is a slight wobble in my 95 SE when driving, nothing crazy, i know the tires are shot but it feels like it could be shocks or tires rods or something

any suggestions?

·
3,553 Posts
I'd look at the tires first if they're shot. Front wobble, rear wobble, how are the shocks?

·
3,553 Posts
It could be anything. No clue.

·
3,553 Posts
Sway bar links = 2. Mounts = 2. Rear axle control arms = 4. Which are you talking about?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tires or wheel balance

Does it wobble at low speeds or high speeds. If it does it at very low speeds, chances are it is a tire. If it is at higher speeds, it could be a wheel balance. It is not your tire rods, sway bar, struts, or control arms. A bad tire rod can make noise and give you play in your steering. A broken sway bar will cause the vehicle to drift at higher speeds. Bad struts and mounts can cause excessive bounce which could make the steering wheel shake when you go over bumps. Most of the time, bad front end parts will make noise or have movement. If you are getting a wobble, chances are it has something to do with the wheels. Run your hand over the tread of your tires and feel for a shifted belt. You should be able to visually tell if a tire has a belt shift. I am not telling you that you don’t have bad front parts but I can guarantee you that none of them are causing your vehicle to wobble. Hope this helps.

·
3,553 Posts
I'd suggest having a shop look at it first and SHOW YOU if they find something wrong with it. Replacing parts and hoping it will fix the problem will get expensive very quickly and may not fix the problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts