Nissan Forum banner

wish you were me?

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Ninety-Nine SE-L 
#1 ·
hey guys
what do you think about a straight pipe?
over here the police dont care how loud or how your car is modified
I was thinking of taking out my converter for a start. will it affect ny fuel econemy?
will my engine have a better sound from the outside?
I was thinking of leaving my old muffler and take out the converter only.
how will the straight pipe affect my ga 15 engine?
will it bolw or spit fire or something?

#3 ·
lol, if you get a line for gasoline to shoot into it, it will melt your muffler, and then shoot fire!. if thats what your going for!. lol.. straight pipes will do this (ILLIMINATE BACKPRESSURE/Set off check engine) you will have No torque.. barely any, you will feel your car straining for some kind of push back.. thats about it.. and it will sound like shit!.. get a catback, with a nice loured core muffler.. its the best.. cause its like 1 graded down from the GA16de... i suggest just an aftermarket exaust, and keep the cat for crying out loud, the cat has like barely and backpressure at all.. it just keeps the enviornment clean.

#5 ·
ha! straight pipes are common it seems around my parts. mainly by people whojust dont have the money for a muffler..not like lucino..he's just askinabout power. only way id go with a complete straight pipe is if i was going turbo. but then again id just order one of those god awful japanese mufflers with the 3" inlet and 5" tip.oksoallof us have some riceboy in us

#10 ·
The story is like this:
I went to a car dealer and saw this nissan. Over here there isnt a b 14 chassis. When I saw it I said it had to be mine. The first thing I fell in love with was the shape because it looks better than those shitty civics. And over here its a small country and everybody is braging about turbo diesel engines. they practically dominate speed over here. Once I tried a 2.0l turbo diesel with a boosted turbo he didnt beat me he had to earn his victory, he won because i didnt want him to crash because he was going to eat the central strip!
Anyway when i saw this guy I told em I didnt modify my car and you didnt beat me easy! i told him if i modded my car what would i do!!

#15 ·
Regarding backpressure...

Less is always better. Zero is best.

If your engine is carbureted or uses a MAP system like Honduhs, you will need to manually compensate for higher fuel requirements (rejet or higher fuel pressure). Nissan mass airflow sensors will compensate for the change in air flow automatically (up to a point, but then we're talking turbos and nitrous oxide).

Now class, repeat after me: "Backpressure is the enemy. Kill the backpressure."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.