Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, give me a shout if ur from wisconsin, might be fun to get a big group of ppl together sometime this summer

right now, im in college at Platteville, but i live in Hartland, bout 30 miles west of Milwaukee

Patrick

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
west?? where do u live?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright, i know where that is, not to far away from me

·
Destroyer of worlds.
874 Posts
oh fine, just leave the northern illinois residents out. i know when im not wanted. :cheers:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi!

I don't have a tuner Nissan Sentra, but I'm racing one (along with at least 2 other people) at Lake Geneva, which is about 60 min SW of Milwaukee. I'd love to see some people put together a tuner show at LGR or one of the other local tracks - show off the Sentras and maybe give some people some time on a circle short track, where they can race "safely"...

Regards,
Michael

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
MShorten said:
Hi!

I don't have a tuner Nissan Sentra, but I'm racing one (along with at least 2 other people) at Lake Geneva, which is about 60 min SW of Milwaukee. I'd love to see some people put together a tuner show at LGR or one of the other local tracks - show off the Sentras and maybe give some people some time on a circle short track, where they can race "safely"...

Regards,
Michael
HAHA no way that's cool. I actually go to LG raceway on Sat. nights to watch the roundy orunders crash it up. Are you racing with the rest of the 4 cylinder cars at those events? If so I do head out there quite a bit during the summer as it is pretty damn fun to watch.

Anyway I'm in Salem WI which is mid way between Kenosha and Lake Geneva.

·
Registered
169 Posts
wes said:
HAHA no way that's cool. I actually go to LG raceway on Sat. nights to watch the roundy orunders crash it up. Are you racing with the rest of the 4 cylinder cars at those events? If so I do head out there quite a bit during the summer as it is pretty damn fun to watch.

Anyway I'm in Salem WI which is mid way between Kenosha and Lake Geneva.
Yup, the BIC car division - pure stock, 4 cyl - they race on Friday nights. The Sat night is mainly for the Street Stocks and SLMs, Friday nights are the MLMs but the BIC cars are a huge pool of cars for racing - usually 2 or 3 heats, a dash, a semi feature and a feature race for the BICs. Look for the 109, I'm not sure I'll be able to get it painted black/green before the start of the season. Got too much mechanical to do and the weather is NOT cooperating!

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
MShorten said:
Yup, the BIC car division - pure stock, 4 cyl - they race on Friday nights. The Sat night is mainly for the Street Stocks and SLMs, Friday nights are the MLMs but the BIC cars are a huge pool of cars for racing - usually 2 or 3 heats, a dash, a semi feature and a feature race for the BICs. Look for the 109, I'm not sure I'll be able to get it painted black/green before the start of the season. Got too much mechanical to do and the weather is NOT cooperating!
That's cool man... I have seen them race a few times as we sometimes go on Friday nights instead! Anyway I will be sure and check it out. Do you know any of the guys from the DPHC crew? I know some of them used to show cars with the Driver's Image crew and I have seen a few of them out there racing, never talked to any of them but seen their cars out there. It'd be fun to run a car out there!

·
Registered
169 Posts
wes said:
That's cool man... I have seen them race a few times as we sometimes go on Friday nights instead! Anyway I will be sure and check it out. Do you know any of the guys from the DPHC crew? I know some of them used to show cars with the Driver's Image crew and I have seen a few of them out there racing, never talked to any of them but seen their cars out there. It'd be fun to run a car out there!
I don't recall meeting a DPHC crew, BIC division? What #'s were their cars?

It's great fun! If you like, go here: http://www.lakegenevaraceway.com/
for the rules and go here: http://forums.delphiforums.com/racingonline
to find a cheap "bandit" or "pure stock" 4 cyl car that's already been modified/cage installed - you can usually pick them up for $750 or less - give it a try!

LGR is only going to be open for 2 more years, Dawson announced at the last banquet that due to low attendance and pressure from the community, he's going to sell the track. LGR is closing. :( That leaves me Wilmot - but no 4cyl racing there right now, possibly Grundy County in Kane County, IL or Illiana in NW Indiana, near Gary. Slinger, up in Slinger WI is a possibility, but IIRC, they don't allow DOHC engines.

Hope to see you around, remember to cheer for 109! LOLOLOL!

Regards,
Michael

·
Registered
19 Posts
hmm.im from the madison wisconsin area... (Stoughton, to be exact)... IM me on AIM: Still The Engine. ... and i believe there is a link to my cardomain site for my cuteness in my sig. .. . my cuteness that is very sick right now that is:(...soon to be fixed tho..soon to be fixed.. then all you boys better watch your pants,cuz laurens back on the road with her baby 240..hahahaha.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
how much is it to enter a car in the lake geneva races, i wanted to look into slinger too, i would love to start racing in the 4 banger classes, i think it would be great experience
thx

·
Registered
169 Posts
91ser said:
how much is it to enter a car in the lake geneva races, i wanted to look into slinger too, i would love to start racing in the 4 banger classes, i think it would be great experience
thx
Well, let me start by pointing you to the rules to prep your car, if you haven't seen them already - if you are wanting to use your day car, don't - you'll have to do some serious modifications like removing almost everything out of the interior. Best suggestion, if you don't have a car ready to strip and convert, is to buy one that's already been modified and raced. Here's the two links:

LGR rules (BIC rules are at the end) http://www.lakegenevaraceway.com/05rules.pdf

Forum where you can buy Bandit/BIC/Pure Stock cars (classifieds section):
http://forums.delphiforums.com/racingonline/messages

I spent $250 on my car (ran at Wilmot) and about another $250 to get it race ready from some brake leaking problems. Of course, since the car is no longer street legal, plan on either getting a tow dolly or finding someone with a trailer to haul your car. You can find those cheap up north in classifieds.

It is a great experience! I plan on running a full schedule at LGR (provided the damn cold weather ever breaks so I can work on my car) and once a month at Illiana. Come look for #109 if you're up there! First race is 4/23 and then second weekend in May is the small car championships (IIRC) and then May 20th is the first Friday night show.

Regards,
Michael Shorten, #109

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah, i didnt plan on running my daily car :)

i wanted to try to find a junked sentra xe, and start from there, but i spose it would be a lot cheaper to buy one thats ready to go on the track, i really want to get into racing this summer

thx for your reply

MShorten said:
Well, let me start by pointing you to the rules to prep your car, if you haven't seen them already - if you are wanting to use your day car, don't - you'll have to do some serious modifications like removing almost everything out of the interior. Best suggestion, if you don't have a car ready to strip and convert, is to buy one that's already been modified and raced. Here's the two links:

LGR rules (BIC rules are at the end) http://www.lakegenevaraceway.com/05rules.pdf

Forum where you can buy Bandit/BIC/Pure Stock cars (classifieds section):
http://forums.delphiforums.com/racingonline/messages

I spent $250 on my car (ran at Wilmot) and about another $250 to get it race ready from some brake leaking problems. Of course, since the car is no longer street legal, plan on either getting a tow dolly or finding someone with a trailer to haul your car. You can find those cheap up north in classifieds.

It is a great experience! I plan on running a full schedule at LGR (provided the damn cold weather ever breaks so I can work on my car) and once a month at Illiana. Come look for #109 if you're up there! First race is 4/23 and then second weekend in May is the small car championships (IIRC) and then May 20th is the first Friday night show.

Regards,
Michael Shorten, #109

·
Registered
169 Posts
91ser said:
yeah, i didnt plan on running my daily car :)

i wanted to try to find a junked sentra xe, and start from there, but i spose it would be a lot cheaper to buy one thats ready to go on the track, i really want to get into racing this summer

thx for your reply
Yea, it is cheaper, although eventually you're going to want to either move up or start from scratch, I'm already looking at an older 80s/early 90s 'stangs with a gleam in my eye, given the plethora and strength of the old Ford 4bangers.. ANYWAY, some other thoughts:

Get a firesuit. You can get a really good one: GForce for about $395 - I know that sounds expensive, but you have only one skin. Also, get a good helmet. I know the rules say DOT, but you should get a SNELL certified for SA (Special Applications, ie., racing) - here again you only have 1 head. I spent $300odd dollars on my Bell - if there are two things I would not skimp on, it's the body protection and the restraints. Spend the 75 to 100 and get a racing harness. 5 or 6pt protection to cover the bases. You can use stock seats in these classes, but if you put in a roll cage (which you should), you can easily put in a racing seat later.

Now I might be preaching to the choir with you, but I also know other people might be reading these threads now or later and this is stuff I had to learn as I started running around the track. You *can* race cheap, but if you want to race a bit safer, it takes some money.

Regards,
Michael Shorten, #109

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thx for the heads up, im new to this, so i could use all the tips that i can get :thumbup:

ima talk to my parents and see what they think of the idea, also, i gotta start trying to find prices on a car and stuff to see if i can afford it

thx for the info

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
12 Posts
SilviaTurbie said:
hmm.im from the madison wisconsin area... (Stoughton, to be exact)... IM me on AIM: Still The Engine. ... and i believe there is a link to my cardomain site for my cuteness in my sig. .. . my cuteness that is very sick right now that is:(...soon to be fixed tho..soon to be fixed.. then all you boys better watch your pants,cuz laurens back on the road with her baby 240..hahahaha.

Uh... pardon me, may I butt in for a second and ask if you know of a realiable auto repair shop in the Mad-town area? My son is holding our vintage 94 quest hostage there and it needs a cv joint badly... don't think it can make it home to the Kenosha area, and we'd like to find somebody reliable, honest, reasonable to replace the cv joint/ axel. Thanks for any suggestions. Cheers

1 - 20 of 36 Posts