Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First of all yesterday I installed my head unit and kept all of the stock Clarion speakers in. After playing a CD, I discovered that the front left speaker wasn't playing. This was the perfect excuse to buy a couple of 6.5" Pioneer speakers for the front. Later that day I came home and wired the right one first. After playing it was fine. The sound was great. I put the panel back on and installed the left speaker. After playing, the left side still wasn't working. I checked my wiring and just decided to re-splice the front left wires. After playing NONE of the speakers worked. I opted not to use a wiring harness, but that seemed to work at first so it isn't the problem. And I didn't even screw w/ the rear wiring before they stopped working. Have I already made a mistake?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Alright. Found out what was wrong. I didn't disconnect the battery, and when I was screwing in the chassis, the ground zapped on and off three times in less than a second, so it ended up frying all of my head unit's channels. I am just going to return it to my dad and have him get a new one for free. (It rocks having connections)

·
Vanilla Ice all the way baby!
1,198 Posts
93sentrakid said:
Alright. Found out what was wrong. I didn't disconnect the battery, and when I was screwing in the chassis, the ground zapped on and off three times in less than a second, so it ended up frying all of my head unit's channels. I am just going to return it to my dad and have him get a new one for free. (It rocks having connections)
you shouldn't work on cars if u don't know when to remove the battery.......but i hope u get the problem fixed, and don't do that again please, u could end up frying ur ecu

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yeah, the battery had been dead for months, so I figured I could go ahead. It was fine the first time. Figuring the nice little "ding" when I opened the door wasn't even happening, I was sure all power was down. This was a begginer's mistake since I don't have even a license yet. But I need this. At least I made this mistake w/ my CD player other than something else major. I hope you all understand I'm just learning and will bear with me. ;-)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey I've done worse man, don't worry about it... Hint: If you arent sure it's a stock amp thats supposed to be hiding where the automatic transmission control unit also happens to be... DONT START FUCKING WITH WIRES... hahaha... good times.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts