Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Boxed Fox
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not an electronics guy so I never really figured out the answer to this, so I'd like to get your input on this:

Do the B14 side rails (the ones that are directly underneath the door panels and go all the way back along the side of the car) have wiring or other important things in them? The reason I ask is because I want to experiment with chassis foam and I don't want to entomb anything in polyurethene.

·
new motor & tranny
1,756 Posts
yes they do. When i was installing my amps i noticed there is a whoel bunch of wires taped together on in the rail on the driver side. I forgot if the passanger side has anything but im possitive the driver side does have em. I am guessing that those wires are for the speakers/tail lights and everythign else electrical int he back of the car.

·
Boxed Fox
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
B14_Stealth said:
yes they do. When i was installing my amps i noticed there is a whoel bunch of wires taped together on in the rail on the driver side. I forgot if the passanger side has anything but im possitive the driver side does have em. I am guessing that those wires are for the speakers/tail lights and everythign else electrical int he back of the car.
I see. Where/how did you see them? That is, what openings can you see them through? I can't see much through the holes at the top. Are there more holes on the sides that you can actually see through?

·
Boxed Fox
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nostrodomas said:
Take off the door sills, and then peel back the carpet. The looms are ran basicly right under the carpet.
Thanks guys. I think you may have just saved me from screwing up more of the electrical components in my car (even though the chassis foam isn't going in til it gets warmer).

·
new motor & tranny
1,756 Posts
Ninety-Nine SE-L said:
The actual rails are hollow metal, there is no wiring within. All the wiring is inside the car under the carpet. If you've ever seen just the front clip or the rear clip of a B14, you'd see exactly what's in there.

ohhh as soon as he mentioned the wiring i thought he was talking about the rails inside the car. My bad

·
Boxed Fox
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ninety-Nine SE-L said:
The actual rails are hollow metal, there is no wiring within. All the wiring is inside the car under the carpet. If you've ever seen just the front clip or the rear clip of a B14, you'd see exactly what's in there.
Nice diagram. Did you draw that?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts