Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car is 2005 altima 3.5l 160000
Ok. I had my car idling at gas station. It just died. Then all the coils burnt up . towed it home replaced fuse box number 1 coil keeps burning out. So i test it with a coil with spark plug in it. And it is constantly firing from moment i plug it in til it burns up. Car wont start unless i spray starter fluid. I read where there is likely a short somewhere in circut. It put off codes 1124 1122 1126 so i replaced relay and even the throttle body. Still the same . i really need my car going and i am completly out of money i need to be able to drive to work

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
9,504 Posts
It sounds like there's a short in the ECM. First, I would check grounds F15 and F16, making sure they are clean and tight. All of the coil packs share these grounds. Each coil pack has it's own, built-in transistor and they are triggered by the ECM. It sounds like you replaced one, if not three, coil packs and are still have the same problem, which would lead me to think that the ECM is at fault. Wiring diagrams found in the service manual at:

https://********.com/nissan-service-manuals (NICO Club's site)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts