Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Sentra Flogger
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm planning a tune-up in about 3,000 miles or so. i want to put in new spark plugs and wires (read: ignition, etc.). i've read the technical sections on sentra.net, but i'd like to hear what people's opinions are -- who makes the best wires, plugs, etc.? i've heard good things about vitek wires and was thinking about ordering a set.

any opinions, suggestions?

·
Registered
638 Posts
OEM wires are great, but i wanted to spruce up my engine a bit so i went with some Magnecor KV-85 8.5mm wires. I like them, they look and perform great. As for the rest of your tune-up gear stick with the oem cap,rotor and NGK plugs. While your're at it change your fuel filter too again oem works the best. good luck...:)

·
Driver
736 Posts
Actually, I think it was in those sentra.net articles where the NOLOGY wires were used and turned out to be crap. I'd stick with OEM, or the magnecor for a racier look.

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
OEM plugs, wires, cap, and rotor are the way to go. They've been tested to provide great quality... plain and simple. You gotta love it when the OEM products actually seem to outperform most if not all of the aftermarket competition (this being for the above listed parts).

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
oem.....

it is very true, oem for nissans are somewhat critical, some people switch to platinum plugs or split-fires and cause a lot of multi-cylinder misfires, and same goes for wires too, bigger wires with smaller insulation, sometimes causes it to miss because it finds ground somewhere else, and it is a lot more affordable too and it wont run out on you.............stock i mean.......

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
We tried Nology wires on Project 200SX and gained nothing... not worth the extra money. Some of the high power turbo SE-R's have actually lost a few HP with Nologys....

You can buy covers for stock wires that will look just like Nologys....

for plugs stick with Nissan OEM reg or plats....

·
Sentra Flogger
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanx for all the suggestions. no one has any experience with vitek wires? guess i'll stick with the OEM stuff then...

·
Driver
736 Posts
Teknokid said:
im proabably going with Magnecor wires or if not the wire covers. Where can i get the wire covers at??
I think you just use colored silicone hose(like the kind from hose techniques), and just make a slit in them so they fit over the wires.

·
P.O.S. Truckdriver
2,070 Posts
for my last tune up i bought ngk wires, but used OEM everything else. no problems at all. i figured if ngk was good enough to make stock plugs then their wires must me good..not to mention i got them brand new for only $35.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts