Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my a new alarm for my 92 nissan sentra xe. but i don't have the owners manual. The alarm has remote start on it. On the alarm there is a blue wire (siren), Red (power), Black (ground), Black w/ white stripe (starter), and Green (parking lights). I don't know what wire is what under my dash. if someone could tell me which wire goes where and what color goes w/ what. I would highly thank you.

-- Justin

·
Registered
354 Posts
i have a 92 sentra FSM and so far i got your parking lights. IF its a 92 check the wires coming from the light/turn signal switch there should be a R/L (you'll have to check but to me it would be RED/LAVENDER) and those are your parking lights. i have starter wiring but you may want to have a shop in stall that, and i wouldn't recomend that you install it if you have a manual tranny. and as far as power and ground i you have a test light just find a constaint hot and tap power in there

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
The L stands for Blue. Don't ask me why but it does. To find your starter wire, simply use a meter set to DC voltage, and check for voltage when you trun the key to the Start position. Just turn it for brief bursts while you check the different terminals. Installing a remote start or alarm isn't tough but if you don't have a lot of experience with electrical I would have someone who's done a significant amount of it help you, or pay a shop to install it for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts