Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my driver side wiper arm it showing some weather wear..the black paint is coming off...i've looked in my hayes manual and in the owners manual but no discripction on the removal...can someone give me a step by step so i can touch it up befor it gets to bad...?any special tool..?i prefer not to do it while its still on my car because of possible over spray issues...Thanks....

S

·
0 Posts
You Q/A

You will need
-flat head screwdriver
-14-15mm socket.
take the flat head screwdriver and pop off the plastic cap at the base of the arm. I cant remember off hand what size the nut is, but i believe it is a 14-15mm. Do this with the hood open.... undo the bolt. slowly work the arm up left to right and becarefull it will get to a point where the spring in the arm will pop it off. I say becarefull because it will want to jump up and chip the paint off the hood. To reinstall Put the wiper in back inplace bolt the nut down about 3 threads and test your wiper to see if it covers the whole area designed for the wind sheild. once you have found the sweat spot bolt it down and pop the cap back on. It may take a few time to get it back into the right place. I hope this helps out.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank u

great, thanks alot better to know than to mess somthing up..I'll print and do this weekend on my day off...would there be anyway to mark it to make sure it goes back the way it was...

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks old

the paint is wearing off and the shiny metal is very noticable compaired to the black...its mainly the front and top thats wore out..you can spot it about 100 ft away...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts