Nissan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· what?
5,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So,
Its snowed all week so far, and I was curious about the people who have a second set of tires for winter. Are they identical to your 'dry' tires in size? I'm sure you have more sidewall, however in width. I hear narrower tires are better for snow. Outside of the Swedish rally, does anyoen do this or reccomend it?

Seth

· what?
5,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its a small town not too far from the NY border.
Montreal its called.
Most Americans don't really know where it is.

Seth

P.S. Don't worry I'm an American (cause apparently canada isn't in North America) born and raised in Miami, Florida, and am living here with my wife (who is canadian) for 10 months so she can finish up her degree at McGill. Then we move down sooth agayn.

· what?
5,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So,
I'm at a draw between the artic alpin and the WS-50 (blizzak). I'm leaning towards the michelins from reputation, however there is something appealing about the blizzaks. Let me know. I'm getting them sunday.

Seth

· what?
5,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah,
SO I spoke to Tire Talon and they said go with the Blizzak's however since I"m only uiseing these tires for this winter, he said go with the dunlop DZ1 or something like that. Worst case I can just get the blizzaks but the cost is a little more.
Plus at the end of the season they will sell the tires for me and I ge tmost of my money back short taxes and labor.

Seth

· what?
5,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey,
What's the name of your club? I'll see if there are any postings about it there. With regards to the rust thing, I"ve been driving through New England for 4 years now (I've lived outside of boston since 1998) and never had any snow traction problems or 'real' rust issues even in my blizzard in vermont. But now I have traction trouble, and who knows about the rust thing.

Seth

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.