Nissan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 02 SE-R in june and have not yet driven it in the snow. I want to know how the car handles in this type of weather. Winter is just around the corner so I want to know what I am in for. Thx :)

G

·
You might want to get yourself a set of snow tires, if you're in a seriously winter clime. From what I've heard, the Contis are pretty dismal in anything worse than fluff.

G

·
I just put on my Dunlop DS-1's last night (195 60R15 I think) and what a difference! The car drives like a base model Ford Taurus--the steering isn't direct anymore, and it rolls around turns. Hopefully the snow traction is worth the "driving on marshmellows" feeling.

But to actually answer your question, I would get snow tires if you live in an area that receives snow fall. I didn't have them last winter and it was quite scary when there was several inches of snow on the streets.

·
TECKADEMICS
289 Posts
TQ steer is a bit*h

·
Registered
92 Posts
When I finally did go out in the snow, I didn't stand a chance. I was all over the place and spinning the tires a lot. I couldn't make it up a hill and had to be pushed. Z rated tires are not good for the snow(obviously we all know they are made for speed), some snow tires for the winter are a good suggestion.

·
TECKADEMICS
289 Posts
They do make all-season Z-rated tires. In fact I think that the factory tires are all-season.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Contisports that come OEM on the Specs are summer only tire. That means they are not rated for mud and snow. Continental does make a all season performance tire now called the ContiExtreme but I don't think it is Z-rated, it is probably rated a level or two below Z for speed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.