Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
I think I lost my mod-nes
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wipers stop mid swipe

Last night, while it was raining, my wipers kept stopping, mid-swipe. It's been doing this for a while, but intermittently, and it's getting worse. I've checked, and the bolts are tight, and it had that recall done on the wipers last year, so I don't know of anything else it could be. Anyone else have this problem?
It's a 97 Sentra with 78,000 miles

·
Registered
670 Posts
I have the problem where my lowest setting, the "delay" doesnt work, when move the handle it makes a clicking noise and does nothing. If I go from a higher setting to the lower one it sorta does what you say, it goes halfway and then it stops.

I'm bringing it into the nissan dealership so that next time it rains I dont have to drive with no wipers.

·
Banned
809 Posts
wired... i have noticed some stuff like that too.. mine still work though. like. once. i clicked it on, and it froze half way for a second. then it went

·
Registered
179 Posts
Need HELP! WIPERS NOT WORKING

I need help! I was driving home today in the rain and my wipers stopped working! I can hear the motor sounding like its still working but I get NO movement from my actual wipers! Has anyone had this problem or does anyone have any info that may help?

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
it might be that the wiper link joint stripped, or broke off if you say that the wiper motor still runs and the arms don't move, and also there was a recall on the wiper cover sealing preventing water from accumulating and corroding the joints, better take off the cover and check those joints and arm links........

·
NF SUX DIK
200 Posts
my wipers dont work at all. there is a rod that connect to both wipers at the bottom, on eath side of the rod there are 2 plastic peices that are like 50 cents, they are broken and thats why the wipers dont move. every time the nissan dealer gives me the wrong rod when i asked them. i tell yea soo much hassle for little things. the whole rod costs 14 dollars.

·
NF SUX DIK
200 Posts
my wipers dont work at all. there is a rod that connect to both wipers at the bottom, on eath side of the rod there are 2 plastic peices that are like 50 cents, they are broken and thats why the wipers dont move. every time the nissan dealer gives me the wrong rod when i asked them. i tell yea soo much hassle for little things. the whole rod costs 14 dollars.

·
Registered
179 Posts
So what should I do? I need wipers! I live on the Gulf Coast of Mississippi. LOTS of RAIN. When I travel from where I live to back home it's roughly 100 miles and I usually encounter rain along the way. What do I need to be looking at? How much am I looking at for the dealership to fix this problem and how much would I be looking at just to get the parts from the dealership and do it myself? I really need help bad.

A

·
0 Posts
I have had this problem twice now! And I had the recall installed!

PN's:

Passenger side link 28841-4B000
Drivers side link 28842-4B000
Central pivot assembly 28850-4B000

Total cost was about $60 Canadian. Installation took about an hour. This is very easy and can be done yourself.

·
Bow down BiAtch >;o)
1,356 Posts
I've never had wiper problems but maybe that's cause it hardly rains here in L.A. :(

·
Registered
179 Posts
Well I went ahead and winged it anyway. I opened up the rain shield and the motor arm was disconnected from the arm that connects the two wipers. The motor still works but the sound I was hearing was the motor arm moving around connected to nothing and rubbing on metal. The plastic clip that connects to the metal ball joint went bad so I went to the local Nissan dealership and showed them what I needed. It came to $10 after tax and I had it in pretty quick. Finally I can go back to having a normal car for a while(In the last week I have changed my window/lock master switch, changed my front brake pads which were completely worn down, and fixed my windsheild wipers! I need a brake)

Oh yeah this week I have some fun stuff to do though...I bought a cluster bezel and some reverse glow gauges that should look sweet with my NisKnacks EL HVAC!

B

·
0 Posts
My wipers are busted. :( I had snow on my windshield. Came out in the morning started the car, heard a pop. Turns out I turned the car off yesterday without turning the wipers off. Turned the car on this morning and the wipers must have stripped themselves trying to move the frozen snow. So now I can hear the motor still moving but the wipers dont. Any body know what parts I would need?

·
Registered
249 Posts
I think Nissan had a recall on that!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts