Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had anyone had to have their windshields replaced? Along with my cubby issue- when they replaced my windshield due to defects in glass from factory (welding spatter that pitted the glass) the moron cut through the windshield skirt/ cowel- that will also be replaced with cubby- but again I am thinking with the quality of the service- what will they screw up while replacing it? Anyone have feed back on it?

·
I miss good ol' OT
1,716 Posts
Take it to a Lexus or Saturn dealership. #1 customer service there. :cool:

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was supposed to be humor right? Funny. I will post pics of before and after (MATH) once they get done. I love the sales dept hate the service dept, love/ hate just like my alty love the exterior hate the interior....just like men.... (oh on topic ...stay on topic....)

·
Registered
268 Posts
My father had his replace on his 01 and they scratched the shit out of the hood...down to the bare metal

·
Registered
88 Posts
I just had my windshield replaces with a non-oem windshield. I have no problems with it other then it cost me $215 :mad: They also scratched up the inside of my dash, but acknowledged it, and they will pay to have it fixed so I can't complain. I watched them do it. It was pretty cool to watch.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I just had my windshield replaced, samething they put it in crooked, glued the moulding(I paid for!) on wrong, and cut my lower windshield weatherstrip with there knife! I was pissed now they got to re-due the whole thing. I can't figure these goons out, the guy I had do it was recommended by the dealer.:mad:

·
El Chingon
1,752 Posts
Why are all you people having to replace your windshields??? Little cracks, big cracks? I'm talking about your windshields here :p

·
Registered
271 Posts
Coco said:
Why are all you people having to replace your windshields??? Little cracks, big cracks? I'm talking about your windshields here :p
Truck threw a rock! What else?:eek:

·
Registered
641 Posts
Hardcore said:
Truck threw a rock! What else?:eek:
The same thing happened to one of my 1994Altys. I followed the truck to the depot and they flatly denied anything and said I was the 4th guy this week to try that.

They actually hit the shoulder of the road and threw a handful. It damaged my hood also. I was :mad: but had to get my insurance to pay. I paid in the end with deductable and premiums going up for three years.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Coco said:
Pitted glass from factory-

·
Registered
88 Posts
Coco said:
Actually, when I took my car to the track the first time.. I was a little too close to one of those muscle cars, think it was an old school mustang, when they did their burnout.. Anyway.. A pebble hit my windshield, and soon enough it begun to spider.. sucks.. :mad: Damn american muscle cars.. ;) :D

·
Registered
178 Posts
Oasis said:
Had anyone had to have their windshields replaced? Along with my cubby issue- when they replaced my windshield due to defects in glass from factory (welding spatter that pitted the glass) the moron cut through the windshield skirt/ cowel- that will also be replaced with cubby- but again I am thinking with the quality of the service- what will they screw up while replacing it? Anyone have feed back on it?
So it is faster now with that new smooth glass? ;)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: WindShield Replacement?

SILENT_RUNNER said:
I have to get my avatar and byline changed. Give me a break. ;)
I jus teasin ;) I know, I want an AV!!!

·
Registered
641 Posts
scottlny said:
Actually, when I took my car to the track the first time.. I was a little too close to one of those muscle cars, think it was an old school mustang, when they did their burnout.. Anyway.. A pebble hit my windshield, and soon enough it begun to spider.. sucks.. :mad: Damn american muscle cars.. ;) :D
The glass on the newer cars is easier to damage than the older and thicker windshield. The weight saving etc. all adds up to easier to mark windshields and a small pick quickly turns ugly.

What is the replacement windshield like or is it OEM?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Ratwayne said:
The glass on the newer cars is easier to damage than the older and thicker windshield. The weight saving etc. all adds up to easier to mark windshields and a small pick quickly turns ugly.

What is the replacement windshield like or is it OEM?
Most of the glass made for new Nissans is made in USA, it's the same glass you get aftermarket. Factory glass use to be very expensive, but most of the that's not the case anymore.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Hardcore said:
Most of the glass made for new Nissans is made in USA, it's the same glass you get aftermarket. Factory glass use to be very expensive, but most of the that's not the case anymore.
The windshield for a new model like the Alty is probably going to be costly for a few years.;)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Ratwayne said:
The windshield for a new model like the Alty is probably going to be costly for a few years.;)
Interesting just looked it up $157.05 for the windshield that's it! Got to be USA glass.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts