Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today was pretty cold in the morning 10 degress F. And I went through a drive through, usually something i dont do cuz my windows roll up real slow. But since the lobby wasnt open, i had to go through drive through. paid and got my food, I pulled on the buttom window moved up a little, then stopped and wouldnt come up I tried pulling on the glass along with holding button too. eventually I got it up.

Anyway i can prevent this from happening again? new powerwindow motor?

·
Registered
23 Posts
could be the switch too. I replace a lot of B14 master switches, if your switch is not getting good contact or "up signal" when you pull up on it then you may just need a switch you can check the switch and eliminate it as the possible cause.

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
Has this happened before? I know its slow, but has it not rolled up before? If so, it might be the switch. It may also be a bad ground since you said it was slow most of the time.
When you were pulling the switch, did you hear the motor trying to roll the window up, or was there no responce from the motor at all?
Try pulling the switch back farther than it is supposed to go. The problem with the switches is that the contact gets warn down, and has a tendency to break. By pulling the switch back farther than designed you will hit the broken/warn contact.

·
Registered
162 Posts
yeah it does that to me when the its really cold and the car isnt warmed up, u have to pull hard on the switch for it to come up. when the car is warmed up though it is fine.

·
Registered
65 Posts
i got the same problem, but since i have a 4 door i switched the drivers side connectors so now that the rear drivers side door switch works the drivers window. when the wife lets me have some $$$ i'll goto the boneyard and get a masterswitch.

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
I would suggest against buying a used switch. You will probably have the sam eproblem again soon, since the one from the junk yard has about the same amount of wear than the one you have in the car already. Just save up and get a new one, you will not be dissapointed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts