·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Maxima SR
The problem started a few weeks ago.
If you
Unlock the car with the key fob the front windows roll down
If you unlock from the drovers door button. The windows roll down.
(Unlocking from the passenger sode does not roll the windows down)
Also sometimes when you shut the car off if you wait 30 seconds before opening the car door, and or wait 30 seconds before closing after getting out. It will roll down the windows.
If you unlock from the passenger door and touch the start button (without pedal pressed) if will roll down the windows.

Please tell me there is a way to stop the insanity..

Also strange note.
If... it rolls down the windows. It will (75% of the time) lock the car when you walk away from it. But not if the windows are up.. i wish it would always auto lock like that. But I just want my windows to stop acting up. It's a pain when it's pouring rain outside.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
That particular issue is usually from a bad lock cylinder switch in the driver's door. On a '16 it will be part of the lock and actuator assembly. It's also possible you have fatigued wires in the umbilical connecting the door to the car. That isn't common but can cause all sorts of bizarre behavior. It's easy to check, just peel back the rubber accordion and look for bad insulation, chafing, broken wires, etc. If you do find damage, bite the bullet and replace the harness. Those wires need to twist every time the door opens, so no splice-repair will last very long.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Will check it out the wires on my lunch break. If they are good, I'll see about getting a new lock actuator. I just want it to stop >.< lol

Checked the wiring, all looks brand new still. No cracks or discoloration at all. Little.bit of dust but that's it. Will try to replace the lock actuator at some point soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts