Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

Previously my window would only go down and not up so i figured it was the window regulator, I ordered a new one from my nissan dealer but now the window doesn't go up or down. When I replaced the part, I didn't have a problem installing hte new one and its still getting power as I can hear the motor running when i hold up/down on the window switch. Any ideas of what I might of did wrong? I can manually pull the window push it down so there shouldn't be an obstruction

This is a 97 nissan sentra by the way

· Registered
30 Posts
window

did you try it with the door panel off to see if there isnt something right? i've taken this off and put back on my 2 door a gajillion times. make sure what i have pictured here isnt malfunctioning.

you see in the center of this there is a hole. in the hole is a metal piece on the cable that moves that whole thing up or down. mine came out of the plastic piece and caused just the cable to run and not the part screwed onto the window. let me know if you have anything else wrong.

· Registered
42 Posts
I have the same problem/symptoms. To further diagnose, I took off the window motor assembly (3 screws) from the window regulator and then plugged electrical connector back into the window motor assembly. It rotated as commanded by the switch but made clanky sounds when rotating in one direction. Screwing the window motor assembly back onto the window regulator and commanding the switch resulted in no movement of the window regulator wire. This indicates to me that the gearing inside the window motor assembly is hosed and needs replacement. I ordered the replacement part from autopartswarehouse.com for about $106 (minus $43 for sending the 'core' (old window motor assembly) back to them). They were having a clearance on the window regulators, so it only cost me $8 + $16 shipping to have a window regulator mailed out to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.