Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This sounds very strange but in some cases when I turn on my car my passenger rear window goes down. Then it goes back up and when I let go of the button it seems possessed. Where can I look to fix this problem?

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
1 Posts
clutch said:
This sounds very strange but in some cases when I turn on my car my passenger rear window goes down. Then it goes back up and when I let go of the button it seems possessed. Where can I look to fix this problem?

Thanks for any input.
YOU NEED TO CHANGE YOUR MASTER WINDOW SWITCH BEFORE YOU BURN THE" AMP ASSY POWER WINDOW RELAY "(YOU HAVE THREE OF THIS IN EACH DOOR)CHECK OUT THIS PAGE.http://autorepair.about.com/library/faqs/bl278d.htm

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ghost Windows

I tried this and it worked for me just post back and let us know if it works for you.

The Ghost windows usually occurs mostly during damp, Humid or rainy days.

The contact circuit is a "Highly Sensitive" "Touch" switch. Moisture and humidity can greatly affect it..I am pretty sure it is a capacitance switch.

When doing the "Express UP" mod.. Look at the circuit card that has all the surface mount components on it.. Mine had a sealant on it. But only covering half of the components.. The rest were left exposed to the elements..

I'll lay a bet that those who have "Ghost Windows" Only have half of the circuit board sealed. The ones without the problem have it totally sealed. jmho

The FIX!!!!.

1. Open the unit per the Epress Window Up Mod.
2. Take the circuit card out and litterally scrub the component surface and the contact surface with dish detergent and a toothbrush. Make sure you rinse thoroughly.
(Don't Worry, All components are washed in water during the manufacturing process. It wont hurt.)
Be careful around the black relay. Try not to get it wet. It will only take longer to dry.
3. Dry the board in a toaster oven or regular oven on about 170 degrees for 10 minutes...(This is ok too. Trust me )
4. Get some Clear Nail polish and put a heavy coat over "ALL" exposed surface mount components.
5. Put back in oven at same temp for 10 more minutes to dry.
6. put back together and reinstall

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.