Nissan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 2003 Sentra/SE-R brochure and it says Nissan has been producing the Sentra since 1984 (wasn't it 1983? anyway).

Looking at the 20th anniversary Max, do you think nissan may produce a 20th anniversary Sentra based on the V-Spec?

I test-drove a very-yellow '03 Spec-V the other day, and I've been dreaming and day-dreaming about it ever since. The torque is intoxicating and they fixed the interior (sorry, I hated the lava interior). My Civic felt like a POS (well... that's what it is) afterwards.

However, seeing how they improved the Spec-V for 2003, what do you think the 04 will be like? Once it comes out, I'll be 25 and the insurance premium will be much lower. Plus I'll have a few debts worked out.

However, seeing how Nissan f***ed up the SE-R in the past (like removing the LSD in 1998), I'm afraid I may pass up on the best Spec-V of the history if I don't get a 2003...

Opinions?

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Do I smell honorary(sp) admin status here? Wait no, he seems to still be "on the other side".

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey everyone, Scott, Michael!

In fact I'm still on the other side of fence, but that WILL change soon. My Civic is up for sale.

I did drive a 2002 Civic LX in my search for a new car (school's over, I'm now an insurance broker!!!) and when I realized it was even slower than the 1995 I currently have (16.95 is my best ET), I quickly changed my mind.

Then I drove past the local Nissan dealer, this yellow Spec-V was sitting on the lot. I thought to myself: "Yellow?". Yep! A brand new 2003 was waiting for a test drive. Now, I want one!!!

So, I may in fact jump the fence ... again! I just have to play around with some numbers and find a new owner for my Civic.

All is left to decide is: buy a 03, or wait for the 04?

·
Go Drift Alliance!
646 Posts
DropD said:
All is left to decide is: buy a 03, or wait for the 04?
I know you don't remember me Yannick, but I remember you! I remember you talking about your band so much and how much you loved your Sentra! ;)

There's not anything really out to make a decision on the '04 Sentra/SE-R/Spec V yet. Time will tell a little more, but by then, you can make a great decision on year end '03 Spec's and you'll see the '04's out too. Either way, I think you'll be alright. Hey, BTW, thanks for contributing to sentra.net back in the day, because if it wasn't for you, Scott, Josh Vereen and a bunch of other sentra heads, I wouldn't be in the scene at all. Good luck on your new purchase, whenever that may be. ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't recognize your moniker, but I do remember your name: Marvin.

I still have my band, we've been choosed to represent a local radio station actually. Rock stars need sport cars right? ;)

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
You guys need to take this off topic please :D

-Your friendly Iron Fisted SuperMod

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
PatScottAKA99XE said:
You guys need to take this off topic please :D

-Your friendly Iron Fisted SuperMod
Well, it did start with a B15 related question ;)

Hi Samo!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts