Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is the deal, my tranny makes noise, as a tech I can tell that it is either the throw out bearing or the tranny input shaft bearing. The only way to know for sure is to pull the tranny. I still have drivetrain warrenty left. If it is the input bearing I should be all set, but I am not sure if the warrenty covers the throw-out bearing. Does anyone know? I am hoping that its covered because I dont have the time to do the job myself or I would. Anyway I am gonna call my dealer this week to see whats up. I also had another thought> I wounder since they are gonna have the tranny out anyway, would they put in a JWT clutch and flywheel that I supply and give me a deal on the labor cost? Hmm

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
I think the throw-out bearing might be a wear item because it has to do with the clutch. The best thing to do is ask.

·
Its a JEEP thing...
388 Posts
I think it would depend on the service advisor you got.and the dealership..I would say it should be covered..as it isnt the wear surface (clutch plate) of the assembly...

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Black200SXSER,
I asked BORNGEARHEAD(Nissan tech) about this, The throw out bearing is a non-covered wear item. But you are right about the service manager part. Trust me, as a tech(GMC) myself I see stuff get covered all the time that really shouldnt be, like those POS GM truck rear disc bakes. A plus is that a guy who used to work at my dealership is now the service manager for a one of the dealerships thats is a branch of the one I got my car from. We willl see.

·
Registered
18 Posts
throw out bearing

its not covered because its part of the clutch and thats something that you can make go wrong with the car not to manafactor.sorry man i wish they would let it go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts