Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a KA24DE gauge cluster work for the SR20DET motor. Ive read yes and Ive seen parts where people could not get them to work. So will it work because I have a KA24E and I know I will not have a working RPM gauge when I get it back from the shop.

Also do the after market Tachs require any converters or anything when being wired up?

Thanks

·
Registered
166 Posts
Chris90FB240sx said:
Will a KA24DE gauge cluster work for the SR20DET motor. Ive read yes and Ive seen parts where people could not get them to work. So will it work because I have a KA24E and I know I will not have a working RPM gauge when I get it back from the shop.

Also do the after market Tachs require any converters or anything when being wired up?

Thanks

yes your gague cluster will work as long as you wire it correctly.
if you need help with that i suggest looking on the internet or calling some shops like phase2motorsports or a few local shops for you. or even asking on some 240 specific sites. you will find all you need to know there.

·
Banned
1,899 Posts
SOHC gauges are required for the E and any DOHC gauges can be used with any DE so long as they are wired correctly.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK cool so as long as the people working on the car know how to wire the guages they will work. :) Its at a very good place so I hope they know how to do it. I know they took the KA out today. :thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts