0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a 1992 2 door sentra se?

What do i need, besides the mounts, engine harness, and the ECU

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
a GTiR SR20DET will fit in a 2 door Sentra, but there's a lot of work involved, way too much for anybody to just list here.

·
NOt only a customer...
176 Posts
actually from what i gathered..

tranny, ecu, harnesses, axles i believe one or two mounts speedo and whalla.. well then the turbo componets as well.. but doing an SR20deT swap is like doing an Sr20de Swap.. so compisate for the turbo. make sure its a front wheel drive

·
Registered
118 Posts
there is no such things as a front wheel drive gti-r engine. all the gti-r's came only in all wheel drive. actually, all the det engines that will fit in our front wheel drive cars were only available in awd. it will still work though.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
GTI-R swaps are harder than other SR20DET swaps and the GTi-R motor shares little to no parts with the other SR20's, so parts availability is an issue to consider. Most people don't recommend a GTI-R swap unless you really know what you're doing and have done swaps before. You could always have the work done and let someone else handle the difficulties.

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
Actually, if you have an SE-R a GTI-R engine swap isnt as hard as a SR20 swap into a GA16DE car. Its been done. Check out Sport Compact. There was a 200sx with a GTi-R engine swapped in. 476 HP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts