Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a weird transmission leak on my 2001 pathfinder. There seems to be transmission fluid coming out of a set of wires on the passenger side of the vehicle. There are 4 wire plugs located above the heat shield on the frame about where the two passenger doors meet. The plug located the closest to the rear of the vehicle is dripping Trans fluid. Is this a Trans sensor that is leaking and the fluid is traveling inside the wiring bundle? Can anybody help?

Thanks
:wtf:

·
Registered
73 Posts
It appears I have the same issue you are having. Really cant tell where exactly the leak is coming from, almost looks like some kind of plug/cover on the side of the pan that is leaking. The plug/cover looks like it has cork covering it.... ????? Any thoughts, just starting to search info on this one. Strange.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wierd trans leak

i found my leak. the passenger side of the pathfinder was wet with trans fluid and i could not find any lines that carried trans fluid anywhere close. the answer to my leak is the trans has a few wiring looms running out of it. The fluid was traveling inside one of the looms and dripping at the plug. Straingest thing i had ever seen. trans fluid dripping from an electrical wire. i pulled on the loom where its comming out of the trans and that seems to have slowed it down enough to where i dont even notice it leaking any more. Good luck with yours

·
Registered
73 Posts
hangflyer, that is about where the leak looked like it was coming from. I have cleaned it up and havent seen any leak in the last few days. Will keep an eye on it, plan on having a trans service done in the next few weeks at Nissan dealer. Not tackling that one in the garage without a lift.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
trans service

hi
dont waste your money at the dealer. There isnt a filter in the trans to be changed. Just pull the drain plug and put the money you save into some good quality synthetic trans fluid. Thats all your dealer is going to do

1 - 5 of 5 Posts